Review by Priyanka2304 -- What's Your Favorite Color?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers in words and cartoons by Arthur Hartz

Review by Priyanka2304 -- What's Your Favorite Color?

Post by Priyanka2304 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "What's Your Favorite Color?" by Amber L Lassiter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you remember how we would soil ourselves playing in the garden, fighting to take our favorite ride? We have even painted the walls of our home, drawing all sorts of imaginative and hypothetical characters. We would get scolded for being a little mischievous. And would be rewarded for giving an extra hand at our parents' work. Those were the fleeting years of childhood when everything seemed fun and frolic.

Reading What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter brought back the nostalgia of those golden days when we would eagerly wait for that last bell for school to disperse. This colorful book revolves around a wonderful little girl, Amber, who loves to draw and knows a way to impress everyone around her.

One day, Mrs. Lassiter assigns her students the task of wearing one article of their favorite color. Then they will have to draw something using the color that is special to them. As soon as Amber steps in her classroom, she realizes that she has forgotten her color palette. Now, she has to burrow the colors from her classmates to finish her drawing.

What strategy would Amber use to ask the colors from her friends without revealing her favorite one? Is she smart enough for her age to keep her dearest color unrevealed till the end? How would she workaround to complete her painting?

This book has successfully created that playfulness through the storyline to keep the children engrossed. There are logical questions at the end of each chapter that will put the kid's analytical and creative thinking to test.

What I liked most about this book are the beautiful illustrations to keep the children hooked through the story. Parents can read this book to their kids at bedtime and ask questions to educate them.

I only found two errors in this book. Another round of editing will smoothly fix them. Although the author says this book is for 1-3 grade children, I found many words in this book a little advanced for the targeted audience.

I would happily give this book 4 out of 4 stars as there was nothing to dislike about it. Children will find themselves immersed in the colorful world that this book has successfully created through illustrations and lovely storyline.

What's Your Favorite Color?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

rahilshajahan
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by rahilshajahan »

This book seems like a good gift to my nephew! He probably won't read it but its worth a try. Thanks for a nice review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright

Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: Quietus in the Garden of Deceit by Richard Nehrebecki

Post by Topsey »

I have also read this book and it is a wonderful story and learning opportunity for children. Very enjoyable review to read as well, thank you.

riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

It's difficult to review children's books, but you did a nice job. Nice review :)
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough

Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Elvis Best »

I read this cute book sometime ago and enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for such an insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

aaurba
2019 Reading Goal: 48
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: An Accessible Iliad
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaurba.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by aaurba »

This children's book reminds me of my favorite book when I was a child. Everyone who wants to feel nostalgic should read this one. Great review, as always!
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”
― Lemony Snicket

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”