Review by Ediomis_Enwongo01 -- Different Family Structures

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Review by Ediomis_Enwongo01 -- Different Family Structures

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Different Family Structures" by Mildred Stallworth.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The family is never a new concept to anybody. The reason is that everyone is an offshoot of the family. However, there are certain things one may not really know or may have taken for granted about the family. In this book, Different Family Structures, Mildred Stallworth has taken the pains to put down some salient points about the family. The different family patterns are accentuated. Also, various personalities that make up the family and their distinct role is spelled out.

The author started by stating that everyone is born without the power to choose a family. This makes the newborn very vulnerable and at the mercies of the parents. This puts a high premium on the parents with a huge responsibility of guiding this helpless folk to find their footing in life.

Mildred Stallworth takes the readers through the existing family structures, giving a good description of each. The author showcased the basic features of the different family settings stating what they stand for and their relevance to society. The book can be read at a go and contains the most valuable lesson one can ever learn about the family. One outstanding feature of this book is identifying that communication is a very vital tool for a healthy family. The author stressed that without it, there is bound to be a breakdown in the family, and by extension the society.

I enjoyed reading the book from the very first page. The book comprises ten short chapters with each chapter treating some core related family issues like a relationship, parenting, etc. There were various quotes about the family from scholars interspersed in the book which gives an added flair to the reader's delight.

The language used in the book is simple and straightforward. Also, the reflection shared is captivating and enlightening. There were neither erotic content nor profane words which make the book adaptable to young readers.

I liked the book because it has taught me some things I never knew about the family. What I liked most is how the author dissected the act of parenting. However, I did not like the page making and formatting which tends to make the book look clumsy.

I am giving this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because there was actually nothing off-putting for me. Moreover, the editing was professionally done. Everyone will find this book useful as each individual is a member of a family. I recommend this book to everyone especially those with family issues.

Different Family Structures
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”