Review by Lizziemarcel -- Dynomike: Pay It Forward

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lizziemarcel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizziemarcel.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Review by Lizziemarcel -- Dynomike: Pay It Forward

Post by Lizziemarcel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dynomike: Pay It Forward" by Frankie B. Rabbit.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Initially, I couldn't decipher the title of this beautiful piece, Dynomike: Pay It Forward, until I took a bold step to download it because of my love and affection for kids. This children's storybook is endowed with educational nuggets, values, moral and beneficial practices for both children and adults.

It is an interesting comic book about Dynomike giving a helping hand to his friend Spunky in time of need regardless of his mood at the moment. What got me astonished was that he refused to accept a gift the friend offered him as payback. Dynomike instead demonstrated a rare virtue by telling the friend to "pay it forward." 

Frankie B. Rabbit did a remarkable job of creating a graphic novel that will entice and captivate the reader. I love the simplicity of the book, which makes it easy for younger readers to read and understand. The pictures and drawings are so beautiful, visible, and self-explanatory. Interestingly, kids have a lot to learn in this book, like how to use the magic words regardless of their feelings, how to help their friends and strangers in need, to mention but a few. The colorful graphics, designs, and paintings will lighten up the face of the readers, mostly kids, because they learn faster with colours. As a teacher, I know the effect and impact colors make in the mind of kids.I commend the author for this creative move.

I recommend this book to early learners as it helps to guide and mold them to become better adults in the future. I also encourage parents to get this book included in their child's shelf with this quote: "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he's old, he will not depart from it." I must also commend one of the techniques the writer adopted, which is repetition because it helps the message to stick in the reader's memory. I quote, "repetition is the law of deep and lasting impression."

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and there is nothing I dislike about it. I was also impressed with the characters: Dynomike and friends. They are smart, kind and helpful. I think you need to read this book to find out how Dynomike and friends used their hands, head, and heart to pay it forward. I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book's editing was professionally done, as I found no grammatical errors and profanities throughout my read. The book is concise; hence, making it suitable for young learners between the ages of 4 to 9 years without boring them.

Dynomike: Pay It Forward
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

I share similar sentiments towards this book, as I thoroughly enjoyed reading it as well.

I applaud your professionalism in writing this review.
Divergent_2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divergent-2020.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Divergent_2020 »

"Pay it forward" is a very good value to teach young kids:) I don't mind picking this one as a fun change, it has been a long while since I read a children's book. You have done a great job with the review.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

I love children's books that teach about virtues. Moreso, your review is quite detailed and insightful. I'll look out for this one.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

What an excellent pedagogical analysis! You made some great points about the way children learn and retain knew concepts.
:tiphat:

I also read and enjoyed this book.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Seems like a really helpful and lovely book for kids. Thanks for a wonderful review.
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I read this book sometime ago and also enjoyed it. Thanks for the lovely review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems a nice book for children, useful for parents who want to read with them or to people who want to give it to a child as a gift. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

This sounds like a lovely read that should hopefully help children avoid straying off the right path of kindness and understanding. Thanks for the review!
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

It looks like Dynomike: Pay It Forward has both of the things I find to be the most important when it comes to children's books: it's entertaining and it's got a lesson or message to teach. Thank you for your review!
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This book seems to bring an important lesson for kids. Thanks for the great review!
TADSAILS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadsails.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by TADSAILS »

Thanks for making me understand the books theme a lot better. I would download it and read it to my nephew. He would definitely love it
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Would keep this for my kids. Thanks for the fair review.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Harty Muli »

I like that beautiful phrase of paying it forward that Dynomike uses. It would be great for kids to adopt as they help each other. Thanks for the wonderful review.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

What a great book! I have read a lot of great reviews about the book and I definitely need to have my children read this. Thank you so much for your detailed and thorough review :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”