Review by Ballbender -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Pen...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ballbender
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ballbender.html
Latest Review: Mother of Peace by Carol Klavon

Review by Ballbender -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Pen...

Post by Ballbender »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book begins with the cat detectives taking a glance at a beautiful painting of a majestic Siberian tiger in Terrance’s and Monk’s library. Just back from a holiday in Sir Lanka, Mom and the cat detectives decided to go to an event in Korea. What will become of the cats in Korea? You will get to know when you read this exciting book.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R. F. Kristi is the eighth book in the Diary of a Snoopy Cat series. This book takes us to the demilitarized zone. This zone is located between North and South Korea. Mom was invited to a cookery school, Cordon Bleu Cookery. She is to present her cheese in this competition. The purpose is to promote friendly competition among north and south as peacebuilding efforts.

I found the graphical images used in the book to be both attractive and captivating. The book was an easy read, and the language used by the author is remarkable. The plot structure made the book fascinating; this made the reading enjoyable from the beginning to the end.

I loved the way the author described how the cat detectives look at the excellent painting of a majestic Siberian tiger. Everyone was staring at the picture because it was a striking sight to beyond. Even Terrance, the world-famous detective, eyed the Siberian tiger with respect. My emotions were engaged because I was eager to know the outcome of the cheese competition. This makes Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula unique. Another thing about the book that I enjoy is how the author used this children's book to portray world peace through cheese competition.

I particularly like the variety of comical characters starred in this book. I love the character Monk. He is an elegant blue Russian cat. Monk is brainy, sophisticated, and companion to solo. There was absolutely nothing I disliked about Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R. F. Kristi. I would gladly give this novel a perfect rating. I haven’t noticed any grammatical errors, so the book is edited correctly. I am pleased to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend the book to children between seven to twelve years of age, and even adults will enjoy this book. I also like that R. F. Kristi concluded this book skillfully. The ending left me in suspense and ready for the next book on Diary of a Snoopy Cat series.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

This is the second review I have read about this series and apparently I need to check it out. I think world peace through cheese would be awesome! I love cheese! Thank you for your fun and thorough review. Great job!
"I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
Richard L. Haight
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I like how the author tries to educate kids on the political affairs in the world stage. Thanks for the insightful review.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

Interesting! My son loves cats! I bet he would also enjoy reading this! Thank you for your great review and recommendation!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

These cats and dogs are so adorable. And they teach the most wonderful lessons, too.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I am also reviewing this book and there's nothing that I don't like too. Great review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a great read touching on very serious and important themes as well. Thanks for a great review! :)
sam-4jesus+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-4jesus.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by sam-4jesus+ »

Nice work by the author. I love it when I saw books that can really educate children. Also, the review nail it.
Ballbender
Currently Reading:

Post by Ballbender »

sam-4jesus+ wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 08:20 Nice work by the author. I love it when I saw books that can really educate children. Also, the review nail it.
Thanks for your comment.
Ballbender
Currently Reading:

Post by Ballbender »

Miriam Molina wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 03:16 These cats and dogs are so adorable. And they teach the most wonderful lessons, too.
The book is interesting.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

I always laugh when I remember that a cat is a detective and it talks. This is a beautiful book for kids and you did a terrific job with this review.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I enjoyed this book as well, especially the drawings. They are fun and fitting to the story.
TADSAILS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadsails.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by TADSAILS »

An interesting concept invented by the author. I definitely am gifting this book to one of my extended relatives. Cat detective what an idea. Nice review
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

I love this book. The adventure of the cat in different series is awesome. I believe reading the story to children will go a long way to impact them positively.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

I like that the characters trigger bravery and heroism. This book is a morale booster for children.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”