Review by moowshiri -- The Secrets of Living A Fantastic...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Review by moowshiri -- The Secrets of Living A Fantastic...

Post by moowshiri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Secrets of Living A Fantastic Life" by Dr Allen Lycka, Harriet Tinka.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Apart from this COVID-19 pandemic, I’m sure that a good number of us might have seen some dark days in the past. Many will tell you that these tragic moments almost washed them down the drain. Some even reached the point of contemplating suicide. However, in most cases, an external force intervenes, and such thoughts never materialize. Dr Allen Lycka and Harriet Tinka’s experiences are not any different from this, as outlined in The Secrets of Living A Fantastic Life. They share details of what you can do to live a splendid life based on what they learned from their hardships.

I loved the incorporation of anecdotes in the book; they made reading it such a sweet and enjoyable experience. I also got to learn a lot from these stories as they would hammer home every point discussed in an easy-to-understand manner. For instance, I learned that we should always appreciate the tiny acts of love we receive from those closest to us. I also learned that there’s more to life than always being remorseful or being in despair.

The extensive use of dialogue was something that I found accommodating. I had a lively reading session as a result since the conversations in the book sounded more real. It also went a long way in maintaining my attention in the read. Using first-person voice in its writing also helped me identify easily with the various characters.

The authors also mentioned several books from where the reader can get more information on specific topics. I loved this act of selflessness, and I think it is prime time that other authors followed suit by promoting each other’s work.

I was also happy to find some basic guidelines recommended in the fight against COVID-19, outlined in the book. It is a noble gesture that shows the love and concern that the authors have for every reader of this book. It also sensitizes the reader on how to stay safe during this global pandemic.

I didn’t come across any errors in grammar in the book. There were also no instances of profanity or erotic scenes. The book is a safe read for people from all religions, as there are no religious beliefs discussed.

I didn’t have any dislikes for the book, and that’s why I give it a 4 out 4 stars rating. It is a brilliant and absorbing read that will leave you inspired to the very core of your existence. I recommend it to everyone at large, especially those who are going through thick and thin during this COVID-19 pandemic.

The Secrets of Living A Fantastic Life
View: on Bookshelves
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

Even though I did not rate this book the perfect rating, I really enjoyed it. It can help you have more positivity in life and enjoy life more. Nice review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very inspiring and useful book in our troubled times! I always appreciate it when the authors rely on their own life experience. Great review!
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

Ellylion wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 11:18 Sounds like a very inspiring and useful book in our troubled times! I always appreciate it when the authors rely on their own life experience. Great review!
It's very inspirational, thanks for stopping by.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

bookreviewmi1111 wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 14:50 Even though I did not rate this book the perfect rating, I really enjoyed it. It can help you have more positivity in life and enjoy life more. Nice review!
I can't agree more, thanks for getting comment.
Nehal Mitna
Favorite Book: The Champagne Tales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nehal-mitna.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nehal Mitna »

I found the conversational style of sharing knowledge by the authors different from what i have generally come across. Thankyou for a good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”