Review by Reader-247 -- Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Review by Reader-247 -- Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr

Post by Reader-247 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr is the second installment in The Little Sister series written by H.M. Irwing. This part revolves around Lucy Little who discovers the existence of her biological father, the uber famous international super star, Knyte Starr. She decides to travel across the globe to meet him and to find her long lost twin brother Blaise Shubert aka Blaze Starr.

Lucy Little is a twenty year old beautiful, smart and intelligent girl. She is oblivious to her other identity “Luxy Ara Starr” up until now. As soon as she does learn it she flies all the way from Australia to the United States of America. She meets her twin brother as a result of a “grave” situation but is it sheer coincidence or do the Starrs have someone looking out for them? What will Lucy’s reaction be when she discovers the real identity of her brother? What will she feel for her father meeting him for the first time? And what about the rest of the family? Are they all as friendly as they seem or do they have snakes in their midst?

As if this was not enough, Lucy has to deal with looming boy trouble...Two eligible bachelors pining for her affections; On one hand is the trustworthy, caring childhood best friend Jace Neil while on the other is the rich, brooding and mysterious Richard Reeves. Lucy has to decide between love and infatuation, she has to dig deep within her heart to find what she truly desires. All the while studying law and working as a law internee and balancing family life, looking after her younger twin sisters Catherine and Emily and making sure they stay out of trouble.

The very caring nature of Lucy without being intrusive of any one her siblings is what I liked most about the book. She is very protective of them yet she does not boss them around. She is the type of person who would go all lengths for her loved ones. Her attachment to her car “Woggy” is also very endearing.

I disliked that more than half of the story sets the premise for the next book which focuses on Catherine Little and her incident with Sadiq, A brat of a Saudi Prince. Lucy hatches a plan to solve Catherine’s situation which is so stretched out that the excessive building of anticipation falls flat rather than seeming ingenious. Also the account of her days spent at campus and her work place seem like a drag as well.

The book has a couple of name mix up errors but overall it seems to be edited professionally. I would rate it 2 out of 4 stars as the book jumps from problem to problem with very idealistic solutions e.g. the capture of the culprit who was responsible for keeping Blaise away from his father. It also stretches some situations needlessly where I feel the book could have been shortened.

I would recommend this book to people who like light hearted stories with steamy romance and who can commit to reading series. It is not suitable for young readers due to eroticism and use of some profane language.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

Lucy hatches a plan to solve Catherine’s situation which is so stretched out that the excessive building of anticipation falls flat rather than seeming ingenious.
That's rather sad. Nice review.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

A long-lost dad AND a lost twin brother would be a lot for any character to learn about and digest, so the steamy romance aspect just throws in a whole other layer of additional complexity. Thanks for your review!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for a great review! A famous father and a twin brother, turns out life's not what it seems like. It will make for good telenovela. I feel that I wouldn't enjoy it much.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like a lot happens in this book! I am not sure about reading it, but I did enjoy your nice review.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Wow! What a beautiful review. The plot interests me so much. Thank you for sharing.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:

Post by Reader-247 »

Teele wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 10:08
Lucy hatches a plan to solve Catherine’s situation which is so stretched out that the excessive building of anticipation falls flat rather than seeming ingenious.
That's rather sad. Nice review.
It is also the plot for the next book. It seems to be dragging it for no apparent reason other than to be a another book. :|
Reader-247
Currently Reading:

Post by Reader-247 »

AvidBibliophile wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 23:06 A long-lost dad AND a lost twin brother would be a lot for any character to learn about and digest, so the steamy romance aspect just throws in a whole other layer of additional complexity. Thanks for your review!
If one enjoys conflicting romances then this story is the one. :)
Reader-247
Currently Reading:

Post by Reader-247 »

Kavita Shah wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 04:56 Thank you for a great review! A famous father and a twin brother, turns out life's not what it seems like. It will make for good telenovela. I feel that I wouldn't enjoy it much.
You hit the nail on the head. It has all the essentials for a soap. Great observation. :wink:
Reader-247
Currently Reading:

Post by Reader-247 »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 07:12 It seems like a lot happens in this book! I am not sure about reading it, but I did enjoy your nice review.
Yes, no doubt it is fast paced. Tackling alot in limited pages. Thank you for your kind words:)
Reader-247
Currently Reading:

Post by Reader-247 »

Mtibza eM wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 13:24 Wow! What a beautiful review. The plot interests me so much. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you so much :) I hope you enjoy the book.
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like the way you have described Lucy. You made her situation sound intriguing - in spite of the book's drawbacks. Thanks for the recommendation to be prepared to read the whole series. Very helpful!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

It sounds like the book still needs a little work, especially with leaving out portions that drag the story down. I don't care much for books that can't be read as a standalone, so I think I will skip this one. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This book seems pretty interesting. I surely want to read it. Thanks for your wonderful review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This isn't my kind of book, but I love that she named her car. It seems like it could use some work. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”