Review by Y0landa -- No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Y0landa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-y0landa.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Review by Y0landa -- No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by Y0landa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "No Dark Clouds" by R W Nelson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson is an engaging and educational story. Accounts of the Bible intertwined with real-life observations of Indian beggar children have made this story very touching and impactful. The reader will be taken to Jerusalem over 2000 years ago and will experience what it would have felt like to meet many different Bible characters such as Pilate and his wife Claudia, King Herod, Barabbas, Jesus's disciples, and Jesus Himself.

What I really enjoyed about this book was the way I was able to revisit different stories in the Bible, and yet each one was told filled with a touch of surprise. You will learn the destiny of each of the beggar children and how they fit in the story. You will ask yourself if they will be able to get away from their cruel and nasty taskmaster who bought them as slaves and had them begging on the streets for money to fill his filthy pockets. Will anyone play a role in these abandoned and crippled children’s lives? If so who?

Beggar boy is the protagonist of this story. He is also abandoned but has no owner. He doesn’t even have a name, but he is very proud and determined and knows how to survive on his own perfectly well. So well, that he’s even got the Roman soldiers impressed at his skilled ways of escaping dangers. But the really fun part is when Beggar boy takes you along with him looking for trouble and repeatedly make the statement known that nobody messes with his scarred face. These are great moments to relieve the reader from some of the sadness they might encounter throughout the story.

Then there were magical moments in the story when Jesus spoke, and one was able to reflect on His original messages from the Bible. I loved this moment of reflection.

If I had to choose a part of the book that I did not like, I would say it was Jesus' crucifixion. I really get under the skin of people when reading stories. and it was torturous for me to feel all the suffering, anger, and frustration. But then again, without the crucifixion, there would be no resurrection, and that part was uplifting.

This book is perfectly-edited. I did not find any mistakes at all. It flowed really well, and I enjoyed reading it very much. I thought it was very genuinely and cleverly written. All the characters fit in so well, and it made the story all the more credible. It is a wonderful read for both Christians and non-Christians. You will be able to witness opinions from those who believed and those who didn’t. I also loved the fact that a Bible guide was included at the end of the book. They covered themes that were talked about in the story and Bible references. I am happy to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

No Dark Clouds
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Sounds like sort of a unique as well as interesting fiction. Nice and descriptive review. Thanks 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

His face is scarred? Awww. I always wish to visit Israel someday. I'll love to read this book to get a feel. Beautiful review.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I like the fact that the author has a carthasis effect in his book. Thank you for the review.
Fernando222
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernando222.html
Latest Review: If Only by Elaine Blick

Post by Fernando222 »

This read seems like an adventure for me. Going back to the Bible days and witnessing the stories in person is a fantastic fantasy. I would love to do that. Excellent review.
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

I liked the fact that the author has intertwined biblical stories with real life observations. Seems like an interesting read. Great review.
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Y0landa
Currently Reading:

Post by Y0landa »

Sushan wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 20:12 Sounds like sort of a unique as well as interesting fiction. Nice and descriptive review. Thanks 👍👍
Yes, that's what I found. The unique approach caught my interest. I appreciate your comment. Thank You! :D
Y0landa
Currently Reading:

Post by Y0landa »

Adanna Inya wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 08:54 His face is scarred? Awww. I always wish to visit Israel someday. I'll love to read this book to get a feel. Beautiful review.
I'd love to visit Israel too! I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I did! :hand: Sorry, I can't tell you how his face got scarred. Don't want to be a spoiler. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!
Y0landa
Currently Reading:

Post by Y0landa »

Kanda_theGreat wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 00:30 I like the fact that the author has a carthasis effect in his book. Thank you for the review.
Yes, it certainly makes for a great story that can reach people's hearts. Hat's off for him. :tiphat: Thank you so much for your comment!
Y0landa
Currently Reading:

Post by Y0landa »

book_fanatic_ wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 08:49 I liked the fact that the author has intertwined biblical stories with real life observations. Seems like an interesting read. Great review.
Yes, I liked this interesting approach as well. It was intriguing to see where the characters fit in as the story went along. Thank you so much for your kind comment!
Y0landa
Currently Reading:

Post by Y0landa »

Fernando222 wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 02:51 This read seems like an adventure for me. Going back to the Bible days and witnessing the stories in person is a fantastic fantasy. I would love to do that. Excellent review.
You couldn't have worded it better. It was a very exciting adventure going back to the Bible days! Thank you so much for your kind comment!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I like books based on Biblical stories, so I will definitely take this one into consideration :) Thank you for this insightful review!
Y0landa
Currently Reading:

Post by Y0landa »

Ellylion wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 07:45 I like books based on Biblical stories, so I will definitely take this one into consideration :) Thank you for this insightful review!
Wonderful!! Then you'll definitely love this one! :D Enjoy!! Thank you so much for your comment!
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

You review made me want to read this book as soon as possible. Thanks for this amazing review!
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

A unique take on the original Bible story from the perspective of the Beggar boy. It sounds interesting to read it from that perspective, as we often get an omniscient view over the events that occurred all those years ago. Thank you for your honest and insightful review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”