Review by mareeann12 -- The Solution is Political Revolu...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mareeann12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mareeann12.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by mareeann12 -- The Solution is Political Revolu...

Post by mareeann12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Solution is Political Revolution" by Jillion R Rising.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R. Rising is the latest in a series of books Rising has skillfully written and offered to a weary nation. This book discusses in great detail and depth how those in power have put our country in a precarious position. Our leaders in government, business, and the financial sector all play a devastating part in the breakdown of our system. The author educates his readers on what has been happening in great detail and offers his solutions to help turn it all around.

Over the years it's been easy to become complacent about how government works. The past decade or more, has opened people's eyes to the fact that things might be broken. Rising is very careful in this book to be bipartisan and not lay the blame on one side, but he does lay blame on both sides. There is a lot of blame to go around.

This book is quite eye-opening to the workings of those in power, how government and the financial world manipulate things in their favor, and we the people pay the price in many ways. In fact, we the people literally pay for it all. Our leaders steal from Social Security, drop an IOU on us with interest, but where do you think that interest comes from? It comes from every tax payer. Our elected representatives rob Peter to pay Paul all the time, and we allow it, and while people were losing their homes in the last recession there were people in high places actually making money on those very losses.

The author doesn't say capitalism is bad or wrong, but it's being abused by those in power and it needs to change, and American citizens need to act to change it.

I found the book refreshingly unbiased in the present climate that is so packed with closed minded opinion and hatred for anyone not in line with a person's view.

What I liked most about the book was the detailed research that went into it. What I liked least about the book was how detailed and exhaustive it was to read. Yes, I know that's a contradiction. I appreciate all that went into the book, but I found it took an extreme amount of focus and time to really understand and appreciate the message. Rising makes it clear that the solutions will take focus and attention. People will have to let go of their complacency and really embrace a revolutionary mindset. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

The Solution is Political Revolution
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”