Review by Orizon -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review by Orizon -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What if you discover an infinite number of yourself with different personalities existed? The idea of people living in different realms with different personalities as a result of circumstances seems surreal and impressive. Worldlines by Adam Guest is a sci-fi/fantasy based novel with twenty-four chapters and three hundred and forty-one pages. The book portrays a fictional story in which different life settings result from the various outcomes, leading to different realms known as worldlines.

Gary Jackson was involved in a near-miss accident on his way to write an exam. Five years later, he told his story during a physics lecture. His physics professor, Leyton Buzzard, then told the class of a theory that suggests the existence of several realms called worldlines. He also informed Gary that a series of likely events could have occurred, leading to several worldlines’ creation at the time of his incident. This seems untrue because of its lack of evidence. But several days after this discussion, Gary was arrested for a murder he did not remember committing. Despite the hard evidence presented before him, he firmly believes there was no way he could have committed crime. Will he be able to convince the jury and the judge that an unproven scientific theory led to his trial?

The book centered its story on four different worldlines. In these different worldlines, there are different versions of the characters mentioned in the book. I must say the storyline of this novel is one of a kind. Worldlines have interested me the most from all the novels I have read in the past three months. The book took me to an aspect of physics I’d completely forgotten they even existed. I must have dealt with several boring calculations that I forgot that other aspect of physics dealt with fascinating theories of nature. Although the story was fictional, I was very fascinated with the idea of having several worldlines. The author did a great job with the descriptions, and the way he related it to scientific theories was also excellent. The story was structured well to give a correlation between the worldlines.

The one thing I disliked about this book was the fate of Gary Jackson in the blue line. I won’t go into details to avoid revealing too much about the book. Some people who aren’t open-minded or aren’t scientifically inclined may also find the concept of infinite worldlines confusing. Nevertheless, there were numerous things I liked about the book. The scene development was top-notch, and I admire the characterization in the book. My favorite character was Sinead O’Brien in the blue line. I loved her commitment to Gary throughout the trial.

I found a few errors in this book, but it did not affect my reading experience. Nevertheless, the plot was very compelling. The language used by the author was simple, and the book was coherently structured. The book also had an authentic setting, and the author’s writing style was unique, so I’m rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to sci-fi lovers and those who enjoy reading scientific theories.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Nehal Mitna
Favorite Book: The Champagne Tales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nehal-mitna.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nehal Mitna »

That is a really good detailed review!
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

Employing the Many Worlds Theory in a fictional novel indeed makes a unique and interesting plot. I have read this book, and I agree with most of your points as well. Very insightful review.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I like your first sentence! The concept of this book is somewhat difficult to imagine, and a bit hard to define in a few words. The approach you took to this issue, right at the onset of your review works so nicely!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Nicholus Schroeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholus-schroeder.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nicholus Schroeder »

Good job on the review :D
Heidadela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidadela.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Heidadela »

Your review has compelled me to read this book. I wonder what my personalities in other worldlines would look like. All the same, I do not believe in this theory but the story is interesting. Thanks for an insightful review.
Mary Muzu
Currently Reading: The Biblical Clock
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mary Muzu »

I have read, this book and it is very interesting.
Rochelle Thompson

Post by Rochelle Thompson »

The Book sound interested i would like to know if gray remember the crime he committed
Afenakpor Peace
Currently Reading:

Post by Afenakpor Peace »

The story is interesting indeed,Gary couldn't remember he committed a crime, but the judges needed to find a concrete evidence to prove him guilty, but if no evidence was found then the case is closed.
Love conquers it all, when Gary was in trouble, love finds him to be a good man
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

Thanks for the great review. I am not into sci-fi books myself though and I find this confusing.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This is a good review. I can see how some readers would be confused by the way the characters change with the versions of the life.
Ivy Mokote
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-mokote.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ivy Mokote »

This review is deeply engaging. The idea of committing a murder and not remembering anything from that seems u real. However,the author has used physics and his extraordinary skills in writing to create this brilliant masterpiece in Worldlines.
Susan Duininck Kenning
Currently Reading: E M P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susanlee23.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Susan Duininck Kenning »

Good job on the review! It interested me enough to convince me to read it! Sounds sort of confusing, but very interesting!
Wandisile Xokwe

Post by Wandisile Xokwe »

2Good job on the review! It interested me enough to convince me to read it! Sounds sort of confusing, but very interesting
Cahyaningrum S
Currently Reading:

Post by Cahyaningrum S »

The story is very interesting and touching. The easy-to-understand plot makes the reader continue to read this book and each part always has its own uniqueness, so that the reader does not get bored.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”