Review by Samgum50 -- The Secrets of Living A Fantastic ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Review by Samgum50 -- The Secrets of Living A Fantastic ...

Post by Samgum50 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Secrets of Living A Fantastic Life" by Dr Allen Lycka, Harriet Tinka.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Secrets of Living a Fantastic Life is a book bound to change any readers life. The book contains 13 golden pearls that the authors explain in great detail. These golden pearls are elements that the authors realized are crucial for living a fulfilling and fantastic life. Both the authors came to realize these elements after going through near-death situations. The authors both explain their past experiences and how they overcame everything at the beginning of the book.

One of the things I loved about this book was its precise nature. The authors didn’t beat around the bush by their presentation of the golden pearls to readers. Right after explaining their stories and the metaphorical golden pearls, they dived into explaining each of the golden pearls. An allegory was presented relating to each golden pearl.

The text was mainly presented as a dialogue between Dr. Allen Lycka and Harriet Tinka. Given the way the writing came off, I assumed that perhaps they had recorded audio clips and had them transcribed into text for the book. Regardless of the method they used to achieve that I enjoyed the dialogue format. It made me, as a reader, feel more of a personal connection to what the authors were saying. It also added more uniqueness to the book.

I also love the fact that the authors included various quotes from different people and sources. I felt like they were well matched and relevant to the message they were trying to communicate. To me, they enhanced my comprehension and understanding of the book more. Plus, it was nice that they listed out the quotes they’d used again at the end of the book for readers to check out.

Generally, I feel like this is a very thought-provoking and inspiring book. The message of the 13 golden pearls presented by Dr. Allen Lycka and Harriet Tinka is universal. I feel like readers from various walks of life could gain something from this book.

Overall, I would give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I feel like The Secrets of Living a Fantastic Life is wonderfully written. The book contains a lot of helpful material that many readers can learn on. The book does contain a few errors here and there that I hope will be corrected. However, these errors did not dampen my overall thoughts and feelings on the book.

I would recommend The Secrets of Living a Fantastic Life to fans of self-help and motivational books. This book would also be perfect for non-fiction readers. I feel like readers who mainly enjoy fiction and fantasy may have a hard time liking this book.

The Secrets of Living A Fantastic Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

I agree with you. I think the book has completely achieved its goal of inspiring and motivating readers. Knowing someone's struggles in life is oddly comfortable. Despite of different problems we are facing, the important thing is how we recover, hence supporting each other is such a big help.
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

Miks_solon wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 04:00 I agree with you. I think the book has completely achieved its goal of inspiring and motivating readers. Knowing someone's struggles in life is oddly comfortable. Despite of different problems we are facing, the important thing is how we recover, hence supporting each other is such a big help.
Yes, people supporting each other can be so helpful. Thank you for your comment!
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Post by Vic Chimezie »

I read this book and rated it a perfect 4. Asides repetition, this book is a winner! I enjoyed reading your review too.
Nehal Mitna
Favorite Book: The Champagne Tales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nehal-mitna.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nehal Mitna »

This book is so inspiring and motivating. Thanks for the nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”