Review by Splendour0606 -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by Splendour0606 -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Splendour0606 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fly-fishing is a method used for catching fish where the trap that always looks like a fly is placed on the top of the water to catch fishes. This artificial flies are tied in accordance with what the fishes love eating, to be able to lure them, once they grab the fly, they get hooked. This method of fishing is quite different from the traditional type of fishing where the trap is laid down below the water for the fish.

Fly-fishing has a lot of tools, some of them are: Fishing rod, reels, hooks, fly lures or flies. To have a very comfortable fly-fishing you will need the following wears: Fishing Hat, Fishing Vest, Rain Coat, Waders, Wader Boots, Wader Belt, Sunglasses. Well, it is not enough to know the meaning of fly-fishing, tools to have, or the wears to put on, but you also need the skill and the Techniques to be able to enjoy the sport of fly-fishing.

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings has in its pages the techniques of fly-fishing. It is a story about a group of women fly-fishers, they are five, and their relationship was built around this sport. Each has their story of how they met and how their lives have been transformed from being hard-pressed to a life filled with ease and great expectations. This transformation tends to express that fishing is not all about the fish, but about friendship.The stories of these women made me see fly-fishing from a different perspective; Modern-day fly-fishing generally catches and releases, there are definitely some lessons in the catching but more important are the lessons in learning how to release. It thought me that patience, time, and love can be built as a result of certain techniques involved in this kind of sport.

I love every bit of this book, starting from the beautiful relationship these women shared, their love for each other, the sacrifices they made, and of course the sport of fly-fishing. I could actually feel every one of their emotions; Sometimes I find myself smiling, frowning or tears just drop without my permission. Their pure love for each other actually questioned my own outlook in love.

The author amazed me with the perfect structure and organization she gave to this book; the beginning of the book first gave the names of the women the readers are about to encounter, their names were attached with the symbol of tools for fly-fishing, each of them have the symbol of a Reel, Rod, hooks, flies, fishing lines, fishing lure. The chapters are grouped in sections, and these sections have a quote on fly-fishing by famous fly fishers, this quote serves as a guide to this amazing sport.

My read was a smooth ride, there was no erotic content, no grammatical, or typographic errors, I observed the use of profane words which did not obstruct my read. There was this part in the story before the women became five when they met with the last woman, I see their easy flow of relationship with the woman not realistic, inviting a stranger to your home on the first meeting, despite the fact that she was in a weird state was quite odd. Howbeit, I commend the author for a well-written book which was undoubtedly professionally edited. I applaud this book with a score of 4 out of 4 stars. This book is not recommended for children because of the swear words, but if you are an adult that loves fishing, and you value a pure friendship, this book will tickle your fancy.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Abraham Ajayi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abraham Ajayi »

I love this and the writer did a very good job, I learn in relationship we need to have all the tools

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”