Review by Sunday diamond -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by Sunday diamond -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Sunday diamond »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings tells of a story on the account of five sisters - Rose, Sophie, Amanda and Melody; it tells of the experiences in their individual life and their common experiences as co fly fishers - representing testimonies of the miraculous and possitive turnaround that the fly fishing sport has done in their personal and business lives. Michelle Cummings seeks to use her book to stire up her audiences, especially the female ones, to stand up, do something different and, taste from other experiences - from sporting life, precisely fly-fishing sport.

Sophie had been fishing with fishing pole, right from her childhood in the family pond. She enjoys the refreshing experiences in fishing and generally in hunting. Coming into the world of fly fishing through a book gave her the full excitement and satisfaction she has been subconsiously yearning for. Veronica is a city girl, the CEO of Executive Coaching for Women. Throughout her life, she has never engage in an activity involving going into wilderness. It isn't too surprising as she quickly picked up interest in fly fishing. This is because of the oozing excitement that radiates in Sophie's entire body system as she's going on a fly-fishing trip while she sat side-by-side with Veronica on an air plane. She testified of the fly fishing fun, relaxation and medium of escape from the hustling of modern day society which characterises the benefits she derived from fly fishing sport. She also testified of how she had been able to improve her casting techniques using her business strategy and, how she has likewise used her newly acquired casting techniques to inspired another business strategy. Amanda is a girl with lot of home responsibilities of caring for her children from morning till night - that kind of repetitive tasks. She always find fly fishing as a tourism mechnism - a medium of relaxation and escape from her daily routine. Lastly, Melody is a photographer who loves taking nude pictures of herself then posting it in to the Suicide Girls' website. After she's been fished out of a river, been taking care of by the other four girls and was taught fly-fishing; she realised how beneficial it is to integrate her photo shoting skills with fly-fishing activities.had

It is unique how the author has tried to integrate each of the character's storyline towards the single objective of the book - which I also think is the befitting style for such a testimonial novel. Another thing I love about the book is its flow of communication. It shows that the author has a great command of language as she uses her writings styles to deeply display physical ideas or realities such that readers can so much relate well and have a feeling of touch by the book. Avid readers will appreciate the simplicity in her writing style.

Conversely, the book comes with lot of typographicaly errors and mechanical inacuracy. One incomplete spelling, others include tenses errors and other signs of mechanical inaccuracy. The book generally shows lack of professional editing. With more effort of thorough editing, the book would give a perfect reading experience. Therefore I'll rate The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings 2 out 4 stars

One thing I didn't encourage so much about the book, is how it is leading masses into fishing which I considered signs of enhanced threat to our fish species and acquatic biodiversity at large. Lot of fish species has gone into extinction. In the book it is evident that the American eel caught by Melody is almost gone into extinction, as it is testified to by Sophie as a rear creature. This shows a threat on a creature that needs to be conserved.

To the potential readers, note that the book has no religious inclination; it has borderline erotic scenes and lot of American slang - borderlin profane words like 'f**k', 'f**k', 'ass'. The book is open to almost every readers probably for it entertaining features. Those in the world of fly-fishing can get some fishing terms and fly-fishing techniques to learn. But Readers who may get offended with the above borderline profane words may not read this book.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Prince Chime
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-chime.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Prince Chime »

Good review. The fly fishing sport seems exciting.
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
:)

Moray_001
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Dear Black sUn by Bryanna Wade-Gardner

Post by Moray_001 »

I’ve read this book as well and I enjoyed it. The story supported sisterhood and the strong bond of friendship. Thank you for your review.

Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: The Last Minder by Fish Phillips

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I love the true friendship that existed between the women regardless of their age and profession. I got interested in fly fishing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”