Review by snowbear -- Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
snowbear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowbear.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Review by snowbear -- Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by snowbear »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Ripcord Recovery" by T.T. Sawyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ripcord Recovery is a non-fiction work by T.T. Sawyer detailing his experience as a struggling alcoholic, and the insights and lessons he had gained from it. In his book, he shares his journey as he fought for sobriety, including the times he has relapsed and the things and methods he had tried in order to continue life as a recovering alcoholic. The book offers not only tips on ways to stay on track as a recovering alcoholic, but it also serves as support, motivation, and inspiration for people who suffer the same problems as the author.

The writing is easy to follow, with the author providing not only his personal experiences regarding the matter but also some of the research he has acquired as a recovering alcoholic. There are even some illustrations in the book that can help put a smile on your face. Even though I'm not an alcoholic, I found myself reflecting and pondering on the lessons that the author has learned on his journey. Some of it can also be applied not only to alcohol addiction, but perhaps to other kinds of addictions in life as well. It gave me some profound insights on how to tackle my own addictions even though they aren't really related to alcohol.

In the book, the author has chosen to continue with a path that is unconventional for recovering alcoholics. Most of the people he had consulted with frowned upon the method he had managed to come up with. But for me, reading through the book and the things he went through, I think it's important to note how different each recovery can be for one person and another. The author, as I can assess through his work, has a substantial amount of self-control and self-awareness, and I think that's one of the reasons why his chosen method had been successful for him.

For all the reasons I have stated above, I'm giving the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I think this is a powerful book to help support alcoholics in their journey to recovery, as well as help avoid relapse to the best of their abilities. Everything written in the book is on point, and there are no unnecessary details added. One thing I liked about it is that it is written as if it's a friend or a mentor guiding you to betterment, reaching out to you, and offering guidance. One can really feel the pure intentions of the author in helping alcoholics and those who are trying to stay sober.

The book contains no profanities or any vulgar language, although I do think that because it discusses issues with alcoholism, it might not be suitable for kids under 13 years old. There are some errors in the book, but very minimal that it did not affect my experience in reading it. I highly recommend this book not only to recovering alcoholics out there, but also to people who deal with some form of addiction in their lives.

Ripcord Recovery
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”