Featured Review by Gudamercy -- Wisdom by Arun mago

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LouAnne1971
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: Featured Review by Gudamercy -- Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by LouAnne1971 »

I think it is typical for this type of book to seem generic because so much has been written on how to improve your situation and finances.

However, your review gives the sense that the author is giving sound advice, just that maybe they played it safe. It does sound interesting and I would certainly read the book based on your review.

Drado_27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drado-27.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Drado_27 »

Even though I agree with you about those unfair accusations of poor people for being poor, i think the lessons in this book might be interesting. Great review!

Pamela Bianca Mas
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pamela-bianca-mas.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: B00TREI0F2

Post by Pamela Bianca Mas »

The goal of the book is admirable. However, based on the review, the content appears generic and therefore will not stand out among other self-help books.
Pamela Bianca Mas

Rave4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave4.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rave4 »

You can never improve enough, so I think anything that can help me get better is worth reading. As for the rich is poor argument, you can't totally disagree with the author's view, while some circumstances are beyond us, we determine most.

Mariam8484
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mariam8484 »

I think anything that can help me get better is worth reading.

Daisy Cheruto
Currently Reading: Amora
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Daisy Cheruto »

Your review has left me salivating for the book ! I'm definitely adding this to my basket of books !well done pal

LouAnne1971
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by LouAnne1971 »

"I think being rich or poor is relative and not entirely defined by money alone."

Many people gauge riches by things that are intangible. Family and friends are examples of that. However, he does bring up interesting points by highlighting that we do learn from everything in our environment. this includes a good things and the bad things that happen around us and that ain't also includes a good people in the bad people that we encounter. Overall, I find your review to be good and insightful.

Omega 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omega-6.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Omega 6 »

You are right. Books such as this, when the illustrations become unreal, I feel like the authour is over emphasing. You did a great job by your concise and interesting review.

Cazrichmond
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cazrichmond.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Cazrichmond »

Thank you for a wonderful review. This books sounds interesting and full of advice and experience to help guide others. I like the cover picture too, a lion always represents strength and empowerment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”