Featured Review by Gudamercy -- Wisdom by Arun mago

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Featured Review by Gudamercy -- Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Guda Lydia »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wisdom" by Arun mago.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wisdom by Arun Mago is a collection of diverse topics that touch on different aspects of life. The author aims to advice readers on the best ways to deal with them and to be your most capable version. The topics range from practical life lessons to living in harmony with others. The author begins by highlighting life’s teachers such as our friends, family, hardships we face, and nature as well. The book also touches on sharpening our characters for purposes of personal growth and living productively.

Arun Mago also writes about how perspectives and various life experiences influence our view of the world. The book also seeks to discourage some negative practices such as the use of illegal money and cell phone overuse. The book, in its concluding chapters, advises on proper investments and peaceful retirement. It finally implores you to self-reflect and seek out what direction you want your life to take.

The author uses an intimate, pleasant, and polite tone in his writing. This fondly speaks to the reader and creates more interest. There is also the use of mnemonics in most of the chapters, and I think this makes the read more memorable and communicates effectively. The author also defines some of the difficult words in the book.

The aspect I love most about the book is the pictorials and illustrations. These act as breaks and helps create a clearer picture of the topics in discussion, boosting communication. However, in my opinion, the book is very generic. I felt there is no originality in the messages and topics. Most of them are just common phrases and quotes put together in a lecture-like manner. I think the author could have used real stories to illustrate the lessons and varied approaches to life, as well as research more. I think the topic ‘rich versus poor’, where the author refers to the poor as unsuccessful with negative traits and rich as successful, is very wrong. Life is complex and defining it as simple as that is unwise. I think being rich or poor is relative and not entirely defined by money alone.

I found very few grammatical and spelling errors, so editing was professional. Despite my concerns, I nevertheless think the book has its strong points and can still be helpful to inspire some positivity in life. I, therefore, give it a 3 out of 4 stars rating. I feel it is vital for the reader to feel the writing communicates sincerely. I recommend Wisdom to those looking for some inspiration in their life and looking to lead a more fulfilling life.

Wisdom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
RomeoBiggz37
Currently Reading: The Old Man and the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by RomeoBiggz37 »

It is a beautiful book with a strong powerful lion as a cover . to me the Lion show Power because it is a powerful animal .
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

I don’t agree with that ‘rich vs poor’ narrative at all. There are a lot of factors as to why poverty exists. Mostly, in the form of things beyond our control. So I think I might give this book a pass. Although surely, it would appeal to the right audience. Great review!
Williamaigle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williamaigle.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Williamaigle »

We don't have to put all the advises instead we have to select those which are so rich to our own life. I hope I will get one of them by reading this book. Nice job!
tafta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tafta.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Post by tafta »

Your review is very informative, thank you. I never miss an opportunity to listen to words of wisdom simply because of the different views people always bring. We glean it from people around and life experiences and to imagine how everyone goes through unique experiences. It is a very broad subject indeed.
carlsonsandra77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlsonsandra77.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by carlsonsandra77 »

I love the outline written on this book. I think we all want to be "your most capable version." Speaking for myself, my goal is to be a better capable version of myself since feeling capable with current job issues has stolen that feeling. I desire to read this book and perhaps gain more wisdom and relearn what is most important in my life. This book sounds like it could be a new BFF. Kudos!
Abhyarna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarna.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Abhyarna »

Guda LM wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 04:18 [Following is a volunteer review of "Wisdom" by Arun mago.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wisdom by Arun Mago is a collection of diverse topics that touch on different aspects of life. The author aims to advice readers on the best ways to deal with them and to be your most capable version. The topics range from practical life lessons to living in harmony with others. The author begins by highlighting life’s teachers such as our friends, family, hardships we face, and nature as well. The book also touches on sharpening our characters for purposes of personal growth and living productively.

Arun Mago also writes about how perspectives and various life experiences influence our view of the world. The book also seeks to discourage some negative practices such as the use of illegal money and cell phone overuse. The book, in its concluding chapters, advises on proper investments and peaceful retirement. It finally implores you to self-reflect and seek out what direction you want your life to take.

The author uses an intimate, pleasant, and polite tone in his writing. This fondly speaks to the reader and creates more interest. There is also the use of mnemonics in most of the chapters, and I think this makes the read more memorable and communicates effectively. The author also defines some of the difficult words in the book.

The aspect I love most about the book is the pictorials and illustrations. These act as breaks and helps create a clearer picture of the topics in discussion, boosting communication. However, in my opinion, the book is very generic. I felt there is no originality in the messages and topics. Most of them are just common phrases and quotes put together in a lecture-like manner. I think the author could have used real stories to illustrate the lessons and varied approaches to life, as well as research more. I think the topic ‘rich versus poor’, where the author refers to the poor as unsuccessful with negative traits and rich as successful, is very wrong. Life is complex and defining it as simple as that is unwise. I think being rich or poor is relative and not entirely defined by money alone.

I found very few grammatical and spelling errors, so editing was professional. Despite my concerns, I nevertheless think the book has its strong points and can still be helpful to inspire some positivity in life. I, therefore, give it a 3 out of 4 stars rating. I feel it is vital for the reader to feel the writing communicates sincerely. I recommend Wisdom to those looking for some inspiration in their life and looking to lead a more fulfilling life.

Wisdom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
It seems to be an honest review. Arun Mago might have used generic quotes and phrases, they might be unique to the right audience.
Abhyarna
Currently Reading:

Post by Abhyarna »

lavenderbooks20 wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 03:39 I don’t agree with that ‘rich vs poor’ narrative at all. There are a lot of factors as to why poverty exists. Mostly, in the form of things beyond our control. So I think I might give this book a pass. Although surely, it would appeal to the right audience. Great review!
The 'rich vs poor' debate requires lots of arguments. I might agree with the author in some way.
Abhyarna
Currently Reading:

Post by Abhyarna »

tafta wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 09:19 Your review is very informative, thank you. I never miss an opportunity to listen to words of wisdom simply because of the different views people always bring. We glean it from people around and life experiences and to imagine how everyone goes through unique experiences. It is a very broad subject indeed.
Truly its a broad subject and the more we learn from experiences of others, the easier it gets for us.
Abhyarna
Currently Reading:

Post by Abhyarna »

Williamaigle wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 04:14 We don't have to put all the advises instead we have to select those which are so rich to our own life. I hope I will get one of them by reading this book. Nice job!
Right, not all the advice is useful for everyone. we need to heed to our own situations as well.
marcie_sheeraw
Currently Reading:

Post by marcie_sheeraw »

"real stories to illustrate the lessons and varied approaches to life, as well as research more. I think the topic ‘rich versus poor’, where the author refers to the poor as unsuccessful with negative traits and rich as successful, is very wrong"

the moment I read this part I knew I was definitely not going to read this book
Literary_Goblin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Literary_Goblin »

I feel as though I am always eager for advice, but I also feel as though the rhetoric and wisdom in this book might be similar to the lessons drilled into me by my parents and the constant lectures we received at school. Reading is something I do to relax and lose myself among heroes and imagined realms, so I can't see myself reading a book in this genre. Perhaps I might have need of it at a later stage or when my circumstances have changed, but for now I'd rather pass.
mabtard30
Currently Reading: Deceitful Survival
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by mabtard30 »

Your review has wet my appetite.
Advice against the use of illegal money, cellphone over use.
Proper investment and peaceful retirement.
These strike a cord to me. I will read this book.
If this book can help me self reflect and seek out what direction I want my life to take, then I have to read it.
Thanks for the review.
Tsholo2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsholo2030.html
Latest Review: Chronic Heavy Metal Poisoning vs. Your Health by Dr. David Maloney
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Tsholo2030 »

That's a wonderful review! Your review is one of best reviews one could learn from, it is very inspirational plus the book too sounds like we can all learn life lessons from it. You made it so easy to understand and I would like to read it.
Cyrus Michino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyrus-michino.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Cyrus Michino »

The cover picture is a bit of African touch hence the reason the book captivated my sight. The review sounds delightful.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”