Review by Phelicia Gloria -- The Most Unlikely Champion

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Phelicia Gloria -- The Most Unlikely Champion

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Most Unlikely Champion" by Vera Koo.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The roots of success are bitter while the fruits are sweet. Success needs perseverance. Meet wonder woman as she narrates her journey to success in The Most Unlucky Champion by Vero Koo.

This is a motivational memoir where the author narrates how she came from grass to grace.

Vera starts by narrating how she got involved in gun shooting. This sport previously belonged to the male. Vera breaks her leg when preparing for Bianchi cup, this never stopped her, she convinces herself that she can do it. She goes for training where she is being trained by Jim O’ Young who was a champion in the shooting. Besides shooting, Vera narrates her family life and background. As a mother, she faces a lot of difficulties in her matrimonial home. She narrates how she gave birth to a son who later died. This really hurt her but became her turning point. Though things became tough for her, she focuses, and move from glory to glory as she came to God in prayer, whom she believes in. She focuses on achieving her dreams. Truly, no human is limited. Find out how she passed through all these challenges in achieving her topmost dream.

The 172 paged novel transverses the following themes, friendship, marriage, death, and hardship. Vera’s writing tone is informative as she neatly describes every event in the book. At the end of the book, we have records of the author’s achievement. Truly, the author had excelled in the shooting.

There are many positive characteristics of the book. The picture in the middle of the book grasps the reader’s attention, creating a lively and vivid tone in the text. The continuous humor in the book also made me smile all the time when I was reading. The story was well structured, and the writing was impeccable. These made it easy and enjoyable to read. It is a rare occasion when readers become so enthralled in a book that they cannot put it down. The Most Unlucky Champion became the focus of that occasion for me. It was a magnificent book.

Though the book seems to be very great, I met several grammatical errors that would make me believe that the book was not professionally edited and it would be great if it’s undergone another round of editing.

It’s my pleasure to rate The Most Unlucky Champion 3 out of 4 stars. The number of grammar errors kept me from giving this book the full rating. I recommend this book to everyone, especially those who find success by reading other people’s success.

The Most Unlikely Champion
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

The God factor is infinite! I love the part where Vera takes it to God. And love her strength, perseverance, doggedness and determination. She's deserving of her success, I must say. Beautiful review.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

From your review, I'd say the author is a very strong woman. I often find it inspiring to learn about such examples. Very nice review.
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

Whilst I am not into motivational or memoirs, Vera's perseverance definitely sounds inspiring.

Thank you for such a thorough and heartfelt review! :)
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

Oh, sounds like a great book. It's good for success through hardship to be thought these days and not just the polished 'oh, I didn't try so hard I just got there' thing

Great Review.
For me, For man & For God.
-Dee.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like the way Vera kept going after her dream. It was interesting to read that the death of her son marked the turning point in her life. She was able to keep her sense of humor, in spite of difficulties in her life. Thanks so much for this inspiring recommendation!
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

A very nice book about success. This looks like a nice read. Great review
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

Indeed, no human is limited. Life is about learning and am glad I can get something out of this book.
Great review
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Though I'm not a memoir person, but this one sounds like a motivational book. I hope the readers would be encouraged. Nice review.
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

A champion’s tale is indeed one of perseverance and determination. I enjoyed your review.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

This book seems to be quite motivational and tells us about a woman who improved her life by rigorous struggle. Thanks for your insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Ballbender
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ballbender.html
Latest Review: Mother of Peace by Carol Klavon

Post by Ballbender »

I like the beginning of the review when you started that ” The roots of success are bitter while the fruits are sweet. Success needs perseverance” it sounds sweet to hear these lines. Thanks for such a brilliant review.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Thanks for the nice review ! I definitely want to read this inspirational book.
Phelicia Gloria

Adanna Inya wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 12:30 The God factor is infinite! I love the part where Vera takes it to God. And love her strength, perseverance, doggedness and determination. She's deserving of her success, I must say. Beautiful review.
It's a great book, consider reading it some day. Thanks for dropping a comment.
Phelicia Gloria

Leen282 wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 13:00 From your review, I'd say the author is a very strong woman. I often find it inspiring to learn about such examples. Very nice review.
Indeed she was a wonder woman, thanks for dropping a comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”