Review by cj_mcrich -- The Hand Bringer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cj_mcrich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cj-mcrich.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Review by cj_mcrich -- The Hand Bringer

Post by cj_mcrich »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Hand Bringer" by Christopher J. Penington.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Being a police officer with emotional distress, Peter Hadrian basks himself in meds and booze as he drowns out his sorrow for the loss of his ex-wife and son. One night while out on duty, Peter stumbles upon a vampire and his life is changed forever. He wakes up to find himself experimented and physically changed in a secret government facility called ASA and assigned on a mission to save the world from vampirism together with his bestfriend Luke, ex-con Bat, and Doctor Kolemis. Traveling back to 1476, will they be able to kill Vlad Dracula whom they believe is the origin of vampirism? Will they be able to change history?

The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington is a historical, sci-fi novel that depicts vampirism as some sort of disease carried by a virus scientifically known as seenjite. As Peter Hadrian and his companions travel through time to find and kill Dracula, romance and betrayals would have to get in their way first to finish their mission.

Having read such novelty, I was amazed by how the author sequenced the events from Peter almost turning into a vampire down to leading an army of Moldavians with a goal to kill the king and queen of vampires. I was also impressed by the war strategies Christopher J. Penington cleverly envisaged in developing the story. Reading a new version of how vampirism arose with a twist of events, you'll surely be begging for more.

I'd rate this book 3 out of 4 stars though because of a lot of typographical and grammatical errors. Still, if you are into vampires, science and history, you'd surely love this book.

The Hand Bringer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

The characters were built carefully and excellently, I felt like I was in a movie. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”