Review by beasy -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
beasy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beasy.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by beasy -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by beasy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Jorge's debut story, the young boy is beginning to taste the real world of money and business.
He finds it so gratifying that his appreciation for new challenges was born. So he went from paperboy to record mogul at a very young age. But as he grows older, he found out that the world is not always as friendly as he thought. Then he begins to refer to the great challenges he needs to tackle in his life as Burn zones. He will soon encounter a Burn zone that will change his life forever.

Reading Burn zones: Playing Life's bad hands by Jorge P. Newberry for me was a journey full of smiles and tears. Not only by the story but in the way Jorge Newberry shares it. He put colors into a somewhat difficult story, in an emotional rollercoaster. Reading it until the end will for sure shake your heart. The author lets you dive into his own life and see life from his perspective.

Throughout the book, the author is using his personal story to send a great message to all of us that no problem is insurmountable. When I began the book, I didn’t expect to discover such an emotional story. His story from childhood to adult age is full of turmoil and success. The Chapters are written exactly to trace from this childhood to the present. You will be in his head and follow him in the entire book of his life.

This book is for everybody who wishes to learn great lessons about adversity and to overcome it at all costs. The writing style of the author makes you comfortable and lets you engage in the book. Occasionally I get lost in details with difficult real estate and accounting jargon he uses in the book. That is the part I don’t like in the book, but hopefully, that's just a few paragraphs long.

Every chapter is full of emotions and gives another perspective of life and injustice. In the last chapters, he expresses his sympathy for minorities and marginal that society ignores. For anyone who is dismissed by society, this book will help to withstand the impossible. Jorge Newberry’s main message until the end of the book is “Don't lose hope”.
Because it is so inspiring and emotional, with a small touch of humor, with a wonderfully written book and a professionally edited book, I give it a 4 out of 4 overall despite some relatively difficult words.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”