Review by Leen282 -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Sno...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Review by Leen282 -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Sno...

Post by Leen282 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As a mom of a seven-year-old who likes stories with animals, I wanted to check out the Inca Cat Detective series by R.F. Kristi. I read number seven in the series, Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat. Upon finishing the book, I used my Kindle Unlimited subscription to download another book in the series since I want to read more about Inca and her friends.

Inca, the Siberian Detective Cat, sees herself at the head of her detective agency. Together with her family and friends, she solves mysteries and problems. In this book, Inca and her family are on vacation in Sri Lanka when a valuable sword gets stolen. While enjoying their vacation and making new friends, they still have time to solve the mystery and bring everything to a happy end.

I mostly adore the drawings. The illustrator uses beautiful colors and some humor as well. Inca is reading this very same book at the beginning of the diary; I appreciate such details. The book offers a lot of knowledge about Sri Lanka, including the geography, the animals, the traditional clothing style, and means of transport. Behind the cute and entertaining story is a world of information.

Unfortunately, the book has a few grammatical errors and typos. Where I usually would not be too bothered by this, I am more strict when it comes to children's books. Young readers learn from the books they read and need to see correct spelling at all times. Therefore, I am taking one point away and rate this book three out of four stars.

I think this book can please a broad audience: parents who like to read stories to their children about animals with human-like characteristics; young readers who are ready to attack their first books; non-native speakers who are learning English and want to read in English to develop their language skills.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jlblawrence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlblawrence.html
Latest Review: We Don't Just Eat Lettuce! by Allyn Raifstanger

Post by Jlblawrence »

My kids would love this book! Thank you for the review.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

I've also read this book. I'm glad you enjoyed the detective work of the animals. Great review
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Leen282

Post by Leen282 »

Jlblawrence wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 13:56 My kids would love this book! Thank you for the review.
Hope you get to read it to them.
Leen282

Post by Leen282 »

JM Reviews wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 14:00 I've also read this book. I'm glad you enjoyed the detective work of the animals. Great review
Thanks
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

I read this book and it was delightful to read. Thanks for the beautiful review.
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Leen282

Post by Leen282 »

book_fanatic_ wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 04:20 I read this book and it was delightful to read. Thanks for the beautiful review.
Glad you enjoyed it as well. Thanks for stopping by.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

A book of a team of animals who are detectives, it was so interesting. Reading how animals befriend each other really gave a smile on my face. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”