Review by Cardinalsparrow -- Devil in False Colors

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cardinalsparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Review by Cardinalsparrow -- Devil in False Colors

Post by Cardinalsparrow »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick is an exhilarating thriller that takes the reader deep into the world of terrorism and the fight against it.

The story begins with an attack on a peaceful neighbourhood in southern California which leaves five children dead at a Jewish preschool. A note written in Arabic found at the crime scene indicates that the attack was carried out by a well-known terror group.

Lara Edmond, a former FBI agent who is assigned to the Joint Terrorism Task Force and Uri Levin, a veteran Mossad agent are called in to infiltrate the terror group and find out those responsible. The two have worked together in the past and they make a good team. Lara and Uri split up and proceed undercover. Meanwhile, the attacks don’t stop, a prominent Jewish Rabbi is killed.

This book grabs the reader’s attention from the first chapter and never lets go. It has a lot of different aspects that come together to make an interesting and truly remarkable read. A mix of historical fiction, mystery, crime, politics and even romance, this book cuts across a lot of genres.

Devil in False Colors is a fast-paced thriller. The twists and unexpected turns never bates throughout the book, keeping the reader constantly at the edge of his seat. The author equally did a great job with descriptions. The characters are well developed, enough background detail is given that though it is a third book in a series, it still does well as a stand-alone.

For me, the best aspect of this book is the historical and political features. Although it is fiction, there is so much to learn from these elements that the author weaves into this interesting book.

I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars . It is well edited and I did not find any grammatical error in my copy. I recommend it to readers who enjoy thrillers.

Devil in False Colors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Some books are to be tasted , others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested-- Francis Bacon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”