Review by Laurina_Olowo -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Review by Laurina_Olowo -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of...

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

While growing up, I watched a lot of cartoons. I felt like I was watching one of those very interesting cartoons as I read Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi. This book is number seven in the Inca Book Series. I must say that this book will make a very good cartoon. The author should probably look into that.

Inca went on vacation with her mom and her siblings, Fromage, Charlotte and Cara. They were always on the move because of the kind of job mom does, she works with UNESCO. For this holiday, they were going to have the fun of their lives at a Sri Lankan Island.

The holiday was going on smoothly until a precious ancient sword and some gold gets missing at the museum. Detective Solo and his dog, Terrance, have been invited to help recover the missing items. Inca believes this mission is right up her alley. She has done things like this before which is why she was called Inca, the Siberian Detective Cat. She sets out to find and return the items. Was this mission something she can do alone?

The author has an interesting writing style. She was able to weave the characteristics of these animals into the story. For example, she described the strength of the Leopard and the ability of the cat to hear sounds.

I always look out for what to learn whenever I read children's books because I believe books are a way of teaching certain truths. The author didn’t disappoint me in that regard. The book taught children to have the mindset that they are problem solvers. Children will also learn to look out for dangers in their environment and report strange incidents to adults.

There was nothing I disliked about it. Children would enjoy looking at the beautiful and detailed illustrations that make the book engaging. I found a few typographical errors and no grammatical errors. The book was also professionally edited.

I would rate Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat four out of four stars due to the reasons I mentioned above. There were no profanities or sexual scenes. So, I recommend this book to children from age four and above and young adults who enjoy cartoons.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I enjoyed your focus on what children can learn from this book. The author teaches an important lesson while readers enjoy the mystery. Thanks for this lovely review!
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This book is a good occasion for children to have fun and learn important lessons at the same time. I have no children, but I can recommend it to acquaintances who have children. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

Just reading the review gave me this anticipation of an exciting adventure! :) Thank you for such an inviting review! :)
sarahmarlowe
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

I have read reviews of other Inca mystery books before, but this is the first I have read of this one. It sounds like the author is continuing the series with a great adventure! Nice review!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Jlblawrence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlblawrence.html
Latest Review: We Don't Just Eat Lettuce! by Allyn Raifstanger

Post by Jlblawrence »

Oh my goodness, there's a character named Fromage? I love it. This sounds like an awesome children's story and I think my kids would love it. Good review!
Pstodumeje
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pstodumeje.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Pstodumeje »

Im currently reading this book. This book is for kids and it’s so interesting. This book tells us little about Sir Lanka. The country is in the middle of India and Southeast Asia. I also like the head of the detective agency, Inca. The review is enjoyable .
DBNJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbnj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by DBNJ »

The book is a children book where the setting is Sri Lanka which is one of the beautiful Islands in Indian ocean.Your review has captured the essence of the book very well. Thanks for the informative review!
‘In a world that increasingly obsesses over the gods of power, money, and fame, a writer must remain detached, like a bird on a rail, watching, noting, probing, commenting, but never joining. In short, an outsider.”

-Fredrick Forsyth
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

I very much agree with you on making a cartoon series out of this book. Nice work.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I used to love cartoons as a child as well. Even as an adult, it's nice to read something a little more simple every now and again. It sounds like this would fit the bill. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

I have read this book and I think u have reviewed it perfectly.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I finished reading this book and loved it as well. It's a nice idea of yours to make a cartoon out of it, I can totally see that happening.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

I've also reviewed this book. It's an amazing children's book. Great review!
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

Informative children books are a good fit for easy reading days. Your review makes this seem like one of those.

Good Review.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

This book was lovely to read. It can really teach kids to be kind, be adventurous, and love animals. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”