Review by Cassie Lyn -- A Woman to Blame

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cassie Lyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie-lyn.html
Latest Review: A Woman to Blame by Vincent Panettiere

Review by Cassie Lyn -- A Woman to Blame

Post by Cassie Lyn »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Woman to Blame" by Vincent Panettiere.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Woman to Blame by Vincent Panettiere is an absolute must-read! Ariel Sutherland, a young horse trainer, had just started her dream job training a well-known racehorse, Italian Scallion. One day after completing a race, Italian Scallion collapsed and died, within that same day Ariel was also found dead. The police ruled Ariel's and Scallion's death a murder-suicide, but one detective, Mike Hegan, felt there was more to the story. Mike teams up with Portia, Ariel's sister, and together they investigated Ariel's death. Did a young woman with a bright future and an exciting new job commit suicide or was she murdered?

When the story started I must admit I was a bit confused. The book started by introducing various characters. At first, I could not keep track of all the characters, it was like I was reading excerpts from different books. However, as the story continued I noticed that this was a part of the author's strategy, he first introduced all the characters, and then slowly revealed how they were all linked. I loved the use of foreshadowing by the author, the start of the book gave a glimpse of what was to come in the story. The story was filled with various plot twists which contributed to making the book captivating.

I loved how the author structured the book. The characters were really well developed. The use of foreshadowing, the introduction of the various characters, the characters' development to show how they were all linked was exceptionally done. Mr. Panettiere did a wonderful job writing this story. It was really a page-turner, once I started reading I was absolutely invested in trying to put pieces together to solve the mystery.

The story was so well written I couldn't find any dislikes, however, in my opinion, the author could have been a bit more descriptive as it relates to the physical characteristics of the characters as well as the settings. For instance, in the book the characters visited an island in the Caribbean, the author could have given a bit more description of the island to give the readers an idea of what it is like. This however did not affect my understanding or enjoyment of the book.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. The book seemed to be well-edited. It was a compelling mystery/detective novel with a bit of romance. I would recommend this book to readers who love a good mystery. This novel did contain some mature themes and some profanities. I highly recommend you give this book a read.

A Woman to Blame
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”