Review by Sarah Tariq -- Devil in False Colors

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Tariq
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 60
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 96
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- Devil in False Colors

Post by Sarah Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Devil in False colors by Jack Winnick is the third book in Lara and Uri series. Its action-packed story follows the spy-operations carried out by the FBI and Mossad in Los Angeles to counter the perpetrators. Along with this, there is a cool romance story between two spy agents, Lara Edmond from FBI and Uri Levin, a Mossad assassin. Their clandestine role to foil the perpetrator’s network is a source of amusement and keeps you guessing about their next move.

The perpetrators had their roots in the Middle East. They entered in the USA and launched consecutive attacks on community places. The initial attack on a Jewish school jerked the FBI, and it made a Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) for investigation with the help of Mossad to further counter any worse situation and to investigate the previous incidents. It designed a plan to penetrate the group and sabotage their plans of further destruction. The scene broadens, and Iran and Hezbollah enter into the story. Their internal politics and connections to the perpetrators add more depth and twist to the story.

The story was like a roller-coaster just from the beginning and it maintained its tempo till the end of the game. All of the characters were genuine and relatable. The author skillfully weaved each character in the plot as it became perfect to fill the demands of a particular job. The cordial relationship between two agents (Lara and Uri), their flaws, and their gestures, each of them was explicitly portrayed.

I thoroughly enjoyed this fast-paced story. It was full of action that kept me hooked until the end. Nevertheless, I don’t consider it free from flaws. More to say, the story can be split into two sections. One that relates to the fictional story and the other that propels some distorted facts based on prejudice and negativity towards a particular religion (Islam) without any sound evidence. The organizations like ISIS are usually created by the international establishment with their own hidden agenda. Apart from this, some proxy statements about Islam and Caliph Ali were equally wrong and tarnished the image of this book.

Furthermore, I didn’t notice any glaring mistake while reading a book, therefore I can say it’s professionally edited. Additionally, there were some instances of profanity, and it also has some gory scenes. So, the readers sensitive to violence should steer clear of it. Owing to its compelling plot, I award this book 3 out of 4 stars and recommend it to the fans of the action-packed spy thriller.

Devil in False Colors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”