Review by Cynthia_Oluchi -- Cat Detectives in the Korean...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Review by Cynthia_Oluchi -- Cat Detectives in the Korean...

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inca & Company is a detective agency headed by Inca, the Queen of Kitties. Missy, the kitties’ mother has just been selected to be one of the judges of the French pâtisserie competition to be held in South Korea. Inca and her team of detectives are happy to come along with Missy, especially because they have not been to South Korea before.

Ye-Jun is the tour guide. He welcomes the family and offers to receive them in his house instead of the hotel. He feels the kitties and Terrance, the accompanying dog, would be more comfortable in a house rather than in an enclosed hotel room.

The large painting of a Korean cat on the wall gets Inca's snoopy nature all agog. Ye-Jun, their host seems not to want to talk about it. What significance does it hold? Inca is set to find out.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi is the eight book in the Inca Cat Detective Series. It is an amazing stand-alone for kids. The book is interesting, fun, and provides a huge deal of value for school children. It is well-illustrated with colorful drawings in several pages of the book, which will most appeal to young readers.

The characters are all very cute and well-developed. I can't help but love the cats. Their expressions add to the fun of this book. My favorite character, Terrance, is also well-developed. He caught my interest when he swiftly transformed from a mild-mannered dog to a fierce snarling one as he launched his attack on Enzo. Little wonder his master so much depends on him.

The author gave an introductory illustration of the kitties’ family tree at the beginning of the book. This is good to follow-up on a book in a series. There is nothing I dislike about the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is professionally edited and contains no profanity. I found no errors. This book contains a lot of moral lessons for school children.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Sushan
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 120
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 230
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: A Tale of Two Cities
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan.html
Latest Review: My Island Home by Penelope Ann Smith-Carter Dichiera

Post by Sushan »

I have reviewed one book of this children's book series, and I loved it. I am pretty sure that this one is a nice read as well. Nice review đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:

Jlblawrence
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlblawrence.html
Latest Review: Mock My Words by Chandra Shekhar

Post by Jlblawrence »

Oh my goodness what a creative story! This sounds so very interesting. I love the bits of culture a child can learn from this. Thank you for the review!

Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Adanna Inya »

Such awesomeness and creativity. I love good children's book. I can imagine the cats doing their thing. Lol. Thanks for a beautiful review.

Leen282
Currently Reading: The Cult Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Leen282 »

I just finished the 7th book in the series and immediately downloaded another one. The characters are absolutely adorable! Thanks for your nice review of the 8th book.

Sarah_Anna
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-anna.html
Latest Review: Love and Sabotage by Martha Tolles

Post by Sarah_Anna »

Thank you for reviewing! If I were a kid, I would definitely enjoy this series. I am even tempted to read as an adult. How can you resist cats solving mysteries?

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”