Review by iknwuzoh -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
iknwuzoh
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire: Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iknwuzoh.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Review by iknwuzoh -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

Post by iknwuzoh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Let’s Mountain Bike!" by Paul Molenberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Let's Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg is a book for those who want to learn the art of mountain-biking. The book began by talking about the categories of bikes, like single-track bikes, cross-country bikes and other categories. There are bikes for men and women with different sizes. The book illustrated biking components like wheels, wheel diameters, tyres, forks, shocks, disk brakes and group sets. There are things to consider before buying a bike, like price, used bike and the best deal. It is a book that covers various aspects of biking like accessories, bike set-up, rides, basic endurance, strength and care.

What I liked most about the book is the way the author simplified the art of biking into components, in a way that anyone who never biked before will get familiar with the art. There is nothing I disliked most about the book. Biking is not just a sport, it is a form of exercise for health and fitness. A lot of people bike for various reasons, but mountain biking is unique on its own. I think the author's use of various descriptions in this book is commendable.

This book is meant for those who want to understand the art of biking, people who don't have a bike and want to start. This book covers all aspects of biking. It is a book for those who like sports. However if you hate bikes and all that have to do with it, you will have to skip this one, since this book is all about mountain biking. The same thing goes if you don't like books that are tutoring books, books that teach you one particular art. The arrangement of chapters by the author is in such a way that a beginner will follow the steps.

I think biking is not a sport for lazy people, it is a sport that requires coördination and hard work. A lot of people will realise this when they go into biking. I think the art of biking is increasing in the 21st century as men and women try to ply different routes. Biking is adventurous, it is a sport for people who are willing to explore other regions apart from their region.

Tourists and backpackers will pick this book, because a lot of them have to do some mountain biking. The book has no instance of profane language and is professionally edited. So, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. In conclusion, it is a book for tourists and backpackers.

Let’s Mountain Bike!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”