Review by Rukitejevbo02 -- Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rukitejevbo02
Currently Reading: the Whitney cousins
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rukitejevbo02.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by Rukitejevbo02 -- Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Rukitejevbo02 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Opaque is a YA adventure book, first in the Scion Saga series, which focuses on
Adam, the main character, Carly, their relationship, and how they realize their true roots.
Adam, is portrayed as a dark-minded introvert who does not care for the "animals" he's surrounded with in the city of Piure. However, his only exception is Jo-Ann, his mother. He relishes every moment he gets to spend with her. On the other hand, he has a dysfunctional relationship with his father and loathes his very existence.
Then there's the new girl at school, Carly. The aftermath of their first encounter reveals that they are in love with each other and they don't even know it. They eventually spend more time together and get into a relationship, after which Adam realizes that he and Carly are Descendants. Carly then begins to train him and educate him on what is to come. Carly and Adam then go to Afrax, a place hidden underground in which only Descendants can enter, protected from the Iksha, a group of scientists who plan to capture and/or wipe out the entire generation of Descendants.

I honestly loved this book. This is another book I could not drop, and just had to finish it in one sitting. The whole plot and setting were superb. Although there were almost-sex scenes, I wouldn't say this book contained explicit content. There was only one incident of profanity. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 if not for the few errors I noticed. However, there is nothing I disliked about the book. Everything was interesting to read, and that alone pushed me to finish this book way sooner than expected.
I would also recommend this book for people who love reading about adventure (like me).
I rate this book 3 out of 4.

Opaque
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

LinaJan
Currently Reading: The girl who waited for karma
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: AMY by Mario Karma

Post by LinaJan »

This sounds like my kind of fantasy world :) Thank you for such an inviting review :)
Latest Review: AMY by Mario Karma

Rukitejevbo02
Currently Reading: the Whitney cousins
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rukitejevbo02.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Rukitejevbo02 »

LinaJan wrote:
22 May 2020, 11:48
This sounds like my kind of fantasy world :) Thank you for such an inviting review :)
You're welcome :)

Tonika632
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders by Brian E. Forschner

Post by Tonika632 »

I have seen this book as a book of the month and it really sounds interesting. I like fantasy novels and I am giving this one a try! Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”