Review by Empan16 -- Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Empan16
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-empan16.html
Latest Review: Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Review by Empan16 -- Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Post by Empan16 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Away To Me, My Love" by Naomi McDonald.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Naomi McDonald’s Away to Me, My Love is a memoir about her journey through personal growth and self-reflection alongside her border collie, Luke. She talks about her impulsive decision to buy a shy border collie in order to pick up a new skill in the herding industry. She soon finds out that herding is not as easy as it seems when you have a dog that is not showing any sign of having the ability or confidence to herd sheep. The book details the struggles of her past and present self and how she grows as an individual over time. Through hardship and success, she was able to learn and grow into a newer and better version of herself. She finds that with the help of her dog, she is able to heal and grow in all aspects of her life.

I have been trying to dive deeper into the realm of nonfiction novels and memoirs because they are a genre that I don’t normally read. I had some doubts when I picked out this book but found that it exceeded my expectations by being motivational and inspirational. This book proved to be professionally edited as there were no grammatical errors. As a result, I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars.

First and foremost, the content in the book was phenomenal. The way that the book was organized and written provided for an intriguing and easy to understand novel. I felt that I was able to put myself in the shoes of Naomi and go on her journey by experiencing the various emotions she felt. If you are looking for a novel about overcoming adversity and learning how to grow, this may be something that you will want to pick up.

I also appreciated how there were no grammatical errors. The ideas were concise and well-organized. Both of these things allowed for an easy to understand and well-written memoir. This also allowed me to fully immerse myself in the journey of the book. The book was 219 pages, making it a shorter than average novel. This book was an amazing novel to read and as a result, there was nothing that I disliked about it.

This book is intended for young adult and adult readers. There were no instances of profanity and no mature sections in the book. The material may be easier to understand if it is read by older individuals. This book has left a lasting impact by helping me change the way that I view different problems in my own life. This now holds a place in my heart and I strongly recommend this book to anyone who needs motivation, inspiration, or a new book to read.

Away To Me, My Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”