Review by Rasiga_shri -- The Dark Web Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rasiga_shri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rasiga-shri.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by Rasiga_shri -- The Dark Web Murders

Post by Rasiga_shri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Dark Web Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare is a crime thriller novel. The book was published by Crimson Cloak Publishing. It is the fourth book in The Inspector Sheehan Mysteries series, but it can be easily read alone. At the beginning of the story, a young boy is arrested for manslaughter. On his first night at the Magilligan Prison, he got killed by two prisoners accidentally six years ago.

On the present day, Judge Trevor Neeson is brutally murdered at his home. Chief Inspector Jim Sheehan and his team are assigned to solve this murder. Following this murder, another person is found brutally murdered in the same fashion as the Judge. These two victims have no connections between them. The Detectives team caught in race to chase all possible leads. Soon, the team found that the murderer has been writing a blog on the Dark Web. He calls himself “Nemein” and explains away his reasoning for the murders and their gruesome details on that blog. Two more individuals got killed in the same fashion by the same killer. During this investigation, Sheehan and his team found a secret organization called “Fulfillment for the Enlightened Club”.

More questions arise when the detectives proceed this case. Why this club is secret? Is there any connection between the club and the murderer? Will the detectives find and save the next target? Will they find the killer? I lost myself in reading the second half of the story. I enjoyed the suspense throughout the book.

This book is a cliffhanger one and I love it. The author has created a character list with a short description about them and a glossary at the beginning of the book. This helps when it is hard to follow the characters and the police terms in the book. I liked the idea of the story that the killer is writing a blog so that the readers can understand what the killer is thinking.

This book will keep the reader on the edge of their seat. So, I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars. This book was professionally written and edited. This book was really a gripping tale from the start and filled with twists and turns. It is not appropriate for those who are under age 18 due to violence, adult themes and sensitive information. I recommend this book for those who love to read books about crimes, mystery, and thriller.

The Dark Web Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I am a reader, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”