Review by CL_03 -- 2612 Cherryhill Lane by Glenn Vo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CL_03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cl-03.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by CL_03 -- 2612 Cherryhill Lane by Glenn Vo

Post by CL_03 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "2612 Cherryhill Lane" by Glenn Vo.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

2612 Cherryhill Lane by Glenn Vo, is the sweet story of how Jonathan McAllister, a former talented high school football player, overcomes the car crash that takes his future away from him. The tragedy changes him completely, from being the star of his high school team as the championship-winning quarterback, to being completely at a loss of a path forward in his life, robbing him of his hopes and dreams, and drowning him in guilt. The consequences of the crash will haunt him until he discovers love in Samantha, who turns his life around for the better, getting him to reconnect with God and to find his life purpose.

I think this is a sweet book. It is a little predictable, as it follows every chick flick recipe for romantic stories, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The way the story develops and how Jonathan changes his life around is enjoyable. This is why I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book very much if you like romantic stories. It is an easy read of a sweet romance development, but don’t expect a thrilling story, with twists and turns. This book is to relax with and enjoy the simplicity of people getting in love.

You will enjoy the book better if you have religious beliefs too. I can’t tell if only Christians can enjoy it, but I don’t think you will be super excited about the story if you don’t have any beliefs at all. Through love, Jonathan reaches to religion again, starts to believe in a plan designed by God for his life, and faith makes his romance with Samantha even stronger.

What I liked the most about the book is the sweetness of the romance, from the way it blossoms to its challenges. It’s the kind of story that reminds you that love is not as complex as it feels sometimes.

On the dislike part, however, I wasn’t thrilled about the predictability of it all, it was kind of disappointing. I kept hoping for something to happen that would be a surprise, but it never happened. It is like a book based on every romantic film ever. Even so, the book is easy to enjoy and very sweet.

It is worth noting that I found very few misspells and typos. The book is very well edited, even if it is not excellent. If you are just starting to read in English, this book can help you practice since it is easy to understand and fairly well edited.

2612 Cherryhill Lane
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”