Review by FalconFlyer101 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FalconFlyer101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconflyer101.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by FalconFlyer101 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by FalconFlyer101 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine you've invested in an apartment complex in a shady neighborhood with the hope you can fix it and make it a profitable asset. After many months of hard work, you have finally reduced crime rates and fixed many problems in your apartment complex. Then, suddenly an ice storm strikes your apartments leaving your building in ruins. Many people would be tempted to just give up. This exact dilemma happens to Jorge Newberry in Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands, and he definitely doesn't give up.

In this insightful autobiography, Newberry teaches readers how to handle life's "burn zones" through his experiences from ages 7 to 49. Newberry's financial status changes dramatically over time and he tells us the story of how he changed from a wealthy real estate mogul to a destitute man crushed by millions of dollars of debt. We also learn about Newberry's numerous careers from being a paperboy to buying a recording studio. It is clear that Newberry has had his fair share of burn zones ranging from crushing debt to pushing himself while cycling. Everyone can relate to this book because everyone has challenges that they face in life.

In every chapter, Newberry describes his current occupation and goals. I find his perspective to be interesting and refreshing. Throughout the book, Newberry always has a positive attitude and often says, "there are no problems only challenges."His positive outlook on life even in the most difficult times is something I deeply admire. I believe a positive attitude is something that can be beneficial in almost every situation and believe readers of this book should try and emulate Newberry's attitude. As an aspiring entrepreneur, Newberry's perpetual entrepreneurial spirit is part of what makes his character so interesting to me.

In my opinion, this book was very well written and its pace was perfect, never lingering on superfluous details, but also being thorough in every chapter. I also felt Newberry's word choice was very elegant and I believe he took great care with his choice of words which led to a refined and immaculate book.

My favorite part of the book was when Newberry purchased a dilapidated apartment building in an unsavory area and after a few months reduced the crime rates and made the building nice again. The reason I enjoy this part of the book is that it's inspirational that Newberry was able to use his hard work and perseverance to restore an entire apartment building to its former glory. Newberry's risky ventures are unquestionable proof of the saying "the greater the risk the greater the reward."

Overall, this book was very well-written and it had no noticeable grammatical errors. It was very clear to me that this book was meticulously edited for clarity and grammatical errors. Every chapter of this book was intriguing and readers of many different genres will enjoy this book. The quality of this book is impeccable which is why I rate it 4 out of 4.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”