Review by daydreaming reader -- My Purpose

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
daydreaming reader
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 91
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: My Purpose by Bruce Francois

Review by daydreaming reader -- My Purpose

Post by daydreaming reader »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Purpose" by Bruce Francois.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bruce Francois first came to came to the United States of America (USA) to further his education. The abundance Bruce met in the USA, was a stark difference to the small Caribbean Island he grew up on. Soon, Bruce embraced the idea that his life's purpose was to amass wealth and material things. A few successful years later and the 2007 financial crisis halts his progress. Bruce finds himself on the edge of bankruptcy. At this low point, Bruce questions his true purpose in life.

My Purpose Become the Best You by Bruce Francois is what I would term a self-help book. The book aims to help people find their true purpose in life, by explaining how they can discover it. The book contains 10 chapters with over 70 principles. These principles can help readers unleash their potential. This is the first edition of the book, published by Inspired Minds Publishing.

I enjoyed reading this book. The author utilized his personal experience to illustrate the principles to the reader. This allows the reader to relate to the author.

Moreover, Mr. Francois used a scientific approach to record and present the discovery of his purpose. The book provides details of this approach.The author simplifies scientific terms to layman terms. Thus, despite the scientific approach, the book is easy to read. This may also be due to author's organization ability. The concepts and principles are well laid out and expressed in a way that is easy to understand and follow.

Mr. Francois also looks at the spiritual aspect of purpose. As such, the book contains certain scriptures from the Holy Bible. Despite this, I would not label this book as a spiritual book, since I see it as a part of the journey he is sharing.

Since the author sources his information from several places, there is the implication that the information presented is valid and verifiable. Valid and verifiable information are both indicators of good research.

Overall, I liked this book. I appreciated the organized presentation, and the simple terms. Of course, the information that the author presented is excellent.

This book would have the most impact on persons who are seeking personal development. Particularly, for those who may feel as though they are stagnant in life, there is an opportunity through the information in this book.

I rate this book, 4 out of 4 stars.

My Purpose
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”