Review by tanner87cbs -- Project Tau by Jude Austin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tanner87cbs
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 225
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: In Case I Never Told You by Ashleigh Peroney

Review by tanner87cbs -- Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by tanner87cbs »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Project Tau by Jude Austin is an exhilarating science-fiction thriller. The story revolves around two projects, Kato and Tau. These projects are human clones that are raised for one purpose, to be sold to the highest bidder. Their unusual training takes place on a space station that is not too far from the planet Bassar. The facility holds a large staff of employees under the GenTech Laboratories umbrella. However, there is a small cast of scientists that take center stage for these six billion dollar clones.

The first project introduces to the laboratory is Tau. Project Tau has been on his own apart from the scientist until the station receives a project transferred from an alternate facility. Enter project, Kato. Both projects trained primarily by Dr. Dennison, a cruel man who has no respect for these sub-human clones. His perspective is clear; projects have no rights and are just property owned by GenTech. That is until they accept the sale offer of the highest bidder. Kato is a strong personality that had claws and chameleon technology installed on his person. While Tau is very reserved, timid, but has super-human strength and lung capacity. There are a handful of more compassionate members of the scientific staff. Dr. Renfield and Dr. Chatton. The primary plot of the story revolves around the genesis of project Kato. Was he lab-grown with memory implants, or is there more to his origins? Read this thrilling adventure to find out!

What I enjoyed most about this book was the fact that it kept me on my toes. Just when I thought I had it figured out, there was more context added that made me have to go back to the drawing board. This element was very entertaining that made me persist reading straight through the book in three sittings. These twists and turns were very prevalent from the prologue to the end of the book.

What I did not like about the book was the extreme amount of profanity used. The excessive use of vulgar language was distracting to read through. Potential readers might want to take that into account if it is something they would like to avoid. It can be understandable to add certain off-color words at a time (even though I don't prefer it) for comedic or dramatic effect. However, I felt there was an unnecessary amount of profanity used.

In conclusion, I enjoyed the book and rate it 3 out of 4 stars. The story was excellent, but the amount of profanity causes my rating to be lower. Also, more frequent chapter changes would have been useful. The chapters were awkwardly long, and some transitions were hard to follow. The book was edited well over-all. There were no grammatical or spelling errors. However, there were some formating issues of unneeded spaces. Readers of science-fiction and thriller titles would enjoy reading this book.

Project Tau
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

SomeoneInTheWorld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-someoneintheworld.html
Latest Review: Elvenfold Hammerquest by Brex Francorum

Post by SomeoneInTheWorld »

This sounds like a really interesting book. I'm very curious to find out what happened with Tau and Kato. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”