Review by spirituallove -- The Solution is Political Rev...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
spirituallove
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirituallove.html
Latest Review: The Judge part 1 and 2 by Ian RB Morris

Review by spirituallove -- The Solution is Political Rev...

Post by spirituallove »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Solution is Political Revolution" by Jillion R Rising.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R. Rising is a twenty-one part book exposing the supposed conspiracy of the American government to turn a free-spirited, independent citizenry into one that is trapped in a life of dependency. Rising’s research reveals some fascinating insights into how lobbyists and the corporate elite are influencing the laws of the American nation by using money to entice power-hungry politicians fuelled by greed. By unearthing the workings of the Federal Reserve, the author also addresses the way in which Washington, DC continues to employ identity politics in order to create a citizenry which is divided into political tribes.

Throughout The Solution is Political Revolution, the author presents logical arguments to maintain the premise that the intentional division of the American citizens is done to distract and hide the accumulation of unsustainable debt. I particularly like Rising’s use of metaphor when envisioning today’s two-party political system: ‘…think of each party as an entity that’s applying force to each side of a pendulum.’ The concept of Republican and Democratic representatives battling to represent the views of their constituents becomes easy to visualise when imagined as opposing forces maintaining equal left and right pressure on the political pendulum. Even though a large proportion of this book focuses on making readers aware of the deceptions of the American political system, the overarching message of The Solution is Political Revolution is Rising’s goal to empower the citizenry. I like how the author welcomes readers to voice their opinions alongside his own suggestions on how to begin fixing the damage created by an unscrupulous government.

Since I am not an American citizen and politics is not my forte, I find The Solution is Political Revolution to be rather heavy reading. Having said this, the brief “Action” and “Reaction” sections at the end of the chapters are very helpful in aiding the understanding of some intricate and complex political terms. While this book has enabled me to learn a little more about the economics of supply and demand, I feel the writing itself does not flow naturally, and this makes for a taxing reading experience. Further to this, there are many statistics in this book that are challenging to comprehend for one who has relatively little knowledge of economics.

Overall, I rate The Solution is Political Revolution 2 out of 4 stars. Even though Rising’s underlying message is clearly one of positive empowerment and thriving through unity, I cannot connect with the style of writing. I find some sentence structure to be awkward and therefore confusing to comprehend without reading twice over.

Although I cannot say I enjoyed reading this book, I would definitely recommend The Solution is Political Revolution to all Americans who seek an enlightening perspective into the workings of their political system. I would hesitate to recommend this book to anyone who is unwilling to open their mind to a controversial perspective on American politics.

The Solution is Political Revolution
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”