Review by Folushour -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foluso-falaye.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by Folushour -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Foluso Falaye »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones is a beautiful memoir of a man that, from childhood, never held back from going for what he wanted. He cultivated a habit of charging fearlessly for his goals, which got him great results for most of his business and athletic life, but ended up landing him in a place where he had to summon up all his strength to recover from. Jorge P. Newbery is a risk taker and a workaholic. He loves to take on the challenge of solving a problem and finishing a complicated task. He tells his story of how he transitioned from one challenge to another.

However, he did not take on challenges just for the pleasure of winning, but also had a strong desire to help others. He was always rooting for the underdog. One of his goals was to provide a platform that would help to transform the lives of the outcasts in his society. But while he had the desire to do this, he had to battle with an evil system created by people that wanted to remain in power at the expense of the masses.

From organising and participating in different programs that aimed to uplift the underdogs, Jorge P. Newbery was challenged with circumstances that tested his perseverance against more powerful agents. His resilience and compassion felt contagious, to the extent that I got completely immersed in the story. I was carried along in a manner that felt as if I was watching the scenes take place in person.

I have been a business man for a good part of my life. I have also practiced as a real estate agent, so I was immediately interested when I read the description of the book. But what I liked the most about this book is the fact that the author did not bore me with overwhelming details of activities and processes involved in his businesses and dealings, but rather focused more on communicating his emotions and challenges while going through different stages. This helped me to connect with him and had me rooting for him. I was able to relate with him, looking back at my own experiences. I actually wish the book could be extended. But that would be inconsiderate as it might require the author to do something as crazy as going on to take on more challenging exploits just so he could write more wonderful books like this.

I recommend this to anybody that wishes to read about how a man went through challenging times in his life. It would be a great read for people that would love to learn a thing or two about business, professional cycling and real estate.

I had such a great time reading this book that I can't point to anything I dislike about it. It was professionally edited and thoughtfully written. I was only able to pick up one grammatical error. Some concepts were repeated in the story and that created an endearing feeling. From his narration of his personal accomplishments and fearlessness, I felt challenged to take on some tasks that felt too mountainous to overcome in my life. It has also thought me to exercise a reasonable amount of caution. The book had me hooked from the start and I found it hard to put down. I had to know what was going to happen next. As I have immensely enjoyed reading this book, I would be giving it a 4 out of 4 stars.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kurk Ruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kurk-ruz.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kurk Ruz »

Burn Zones is a captivating and motivating read. It's a reminder that failure is not the end but an opportunity for growth and transformation.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”