Review by tsic -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tsic
2019 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Book: The Mindset
Currently Reading: The Queen of Xana
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsic.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by tsic -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by tsic »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"I may not have been born into money or have things come easy for me, but what I did possess was motivation."

The Mindset is a nonfiction inspirational book written by Ace Bowers. It's a typical story of rising from rags to riches through the power of self motivation and determination.

Growing up, Bowers had a negative outlook on life. At an age where most children are supposed to be carefree and learn how to live a happy life, he always considered himself to be the poorest child wherever he lived or went to school. His top priority was to protect himself from possible ridicule, and to prevent anyone from coming close enough to see his poor and miserable life. He had no clue about success, because failure and instability were all around him. However, he did not allow these setbacks in his upbringing to hold him back.

In his book, the Mindset, Bowers narrates how he struggled with poverty, failure, overweight, smoking, debt and unemployment. He explains how his turning point came through the love of his life Yuka, his son called Noah, and a daughter by the name of Ariel. More so, he credits his success to God. In his own words, he genuinely felt that God had lifted him from his pit of self-loathing and dejection and had given him the ultimate reason to succeed, to capture the overcomer’s mindset.

There are a number of life changing lessons presented in the book which are worth reflecting on. One of which is that mindset is a key component in the pursuit of success. The way we perceive ourselves and our current circumstances inevitably determine how far we can go in achieving our ambitions. Not only should we keep a positive mindset in attempting to alter our lifestyle, but we must stay open-minded. All it takes is discipline and a determined mindset, and over time as our confidence increases, we realize that we have control over many more facets of our life. The simple things we take for granted and of which we have direct control over are the very things we need to change in order to get our way right and achieve what we want. For the author, he only had to quit his own unhealthy habits in order to build essential momentum which allowed him to accomplish the rest of his goals.

This book seems to have been well edited, I didn't find any grammatical errors to write about. The language used in the book is also very clear for anyone to understand. There are no erotic depictions and insults in the book. I found the book very inspiring book and I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to anyone seeking some inspiration, especially young people who often struggle to make it in life.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.”
Salman Rushdie

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”