Review by Magnify3 -- Dynomike: Pay It Forward

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Review by Magnify3 -- Dynomike: Pay It Forward

Post by Magnify3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dynomike: Pay It Forward" by Frankie B. Rabbit.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One day Dynomike visits Robyn at her shop. He would like to buy some strawberry pickles. Robyn informs him that the strawberry pickles are sold out. Feeling disappointed Dynomike leaves. He soon sees his friend Spunky pushing a cart of bananas up a hill. As the cart begins to roll away down the hill Dynomike quickly joins Spunky to help him stop the cart. Spunky is very grateful for the help rendered to him. He wants to repay his friend. Instead, Dynomike asks him to pay it forward by helping another.

Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit is part of the Dynomike series of children’s books. It is a 34-page book filled with colourful eye-catching illustrations. Born and raised in New Jersey, Frank B. Rabbit decided to write children’s books as a new hobby.

All the characters portrayed such as Dynomike who happens to be a dinosaur are either animals or birds such as Spunky the monkey, Robyn the Robin and Jack the puppy. All look cute and adorable. The text is short and has some rhyme on every other line. It is also partly repetitive which would help allow children to remember the words. With a hero like Dynomike dishing out lessons children can easily grasp the need to be kind to others without expecting anything in return. Kindness sown will reap kindness even if it comes back another way.

I liked that the pictures tell the story in a sequence where no text is provided. Such that children can grasp the story even without words. I was not to keen that the word 'bummer' was used to express disappointment. I don't think that would be a word to teach children to express at a young age.

I am happy to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to parents who can read it with their younger children as well as for children aged 4 to 6 years of age.

Dynomike: Pay It Forward
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 106
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 158
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 601
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina »

In a society that fosters competition and individualism, we need these books. The planet is currently on reboot. May we still have a chance to rid our world of viruses of all kinds, including apathy, greed and hatred.

Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Magnify3 »

Thank you for taking time to read my review as well as making a comment.

Cotwani
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 32
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: Naked Truth by Carrie Hayes

Post by Cotwani »

A little kindness always goes a long way and reverberates other acts of kindness. Its a good thing the book strongly brings this out. Its an important lesson for both children and adults. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

The cover page looks inviting. I'm sure the story was too. Thanks for the review!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:

Gifted Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifted-soul.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Gifted Soul »

This book sounds quite interesting, especially not that it has a moral teaching.
Thanks!
Just do it!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”