Review by biblichore_pages -- Homeward by Denis Pickwell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
biblichore_pages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biblichore-pages.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Review by biblichore_pages -- Homeward by Denis Pickwell

Post by biblichore_pages »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Homeward" by Denis Pickwell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

'My life's one aim is to find my way back home again.' These brilliant words are said by Denis Pickwell, the author of the book Homeward.

The author's thoughts are very clear from the above-mentioned quotation. He is on a spiritual journey in search of home. Here, home is referred to serenity. The chief concept of this book is to be in a peaceful state of mind at the end of the day. The book is written in the form of short and long verses that consist of ways to find home. Another firm concept of this book is that everything happens in this universe on God's will and if we try to oppose or deny it then, the damage is ours.

I had always wanted to read a book containing phrases verses and poems. This book is a perfect epitome of a sea encapsulated in a water pitcher, i.e. a lot is conveyed in just a few words. I loved the core notion of finding peace through different means around which this entire book revolves. The sectioning of the book is awesome. The content page explicitly gives the idea of how the author will advance in the book. The author has used repetition in his writing style to emphasize on certain beliefs. Many other figures of speech like alliteration, metaphors, etc. have been used to make the verses aesthetic. The book is absolutely flawless in terms of writing and grammatical errors.

Though the author forewarns the reader to give the book a patient read, I couldn't resist myself from reading it, pages after page without any breaks. The author has used a lot of references from other books. Most of them are of 'A Course in Miracles'. The references are exquisite, but make the book a little confusing. I suggest the readers go through the above-mentioned book for better understanding of Homeward. This book can definitely connect with the masses, but I can't say it was life changing. It takes the reader on the spiritual path of finding home but cannot drop the reader at his destination because the definition of home differs from person to person.

If you are looking for a light and pleasant read, full of tranquility then this piece is for you. It was very soothing and thoroughly relaxed my mind. Also, it was impeccable. Hence, I award Homeward by Denis Pickwell, four out of four stars.

Homeward
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”