Review by CLM1978 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christal Merkey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 736
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christal-merkey.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic
2024 Reading Goal: 4
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Review by CLM1978 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Christal Merkey »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hello and welcome to my honest review of Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery. I had to check and make sure I spelled the name right. Thank you!

Jorge tells the story about his work life. He tells where he started at a very young age doing paper deliveries, eventually moving up to self-employment as a teenager and beyond. He also discusses how he built up his success and how easy it is to make a simple mistake that can cost you your career.

I really enjoyed reading this story because Jorge went into detail about all the things that happened to him during his career. One thing that stood out for me was an apartment complex that he practically put his heart and soul into just to have the city stab him right in the middle of his back. He paid well over $1 million to help disadvantaged families have a decent home and started a program to help some of them find their way through life and out of prison. The apartment complex was already dilapidated and was in process of becoming a beautiful place to live until unforeseen circumstances put it back several steps. Jorge did his very best to revive his complex, but the city did nothing to help. All they wanted was to slander him and his company and run him into the ground. I actually did look the former business up on Google because I wanted to see what the buildings looked like and where they were at today, and showed an article that was also mentioned in his book. I only read a little bit of it because there were too many lies mentioned in the article. So, if you want to know what happened, read Burn Zones and Jorge will explain everything here.

This book is for you if you want to start your own business because you need to know the pros and cons of the game. You are basically gambling with businesses trying to stay alive and it only takes one mistake, and it can be very small as picking the wrong place to do business to kill your career and your reputation.

This book deserves a full 4 out of 4 stars. The grammar was great and I found absolutely no typos. Thank you for this opportunity of allowing me to review! It has been a real pleasure to do this on a short notice.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”