Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Want to consider an example of determination? Want to know how anyone could be anything that he wants to be? That's Ace Bowers' memoir The Mindset for you. From a $6 per hour earning janitor to becoming a millionaire living in one of the richest cities of the world is a terrific story to convey the strength of the never-changing belief. Imagine how well his status would have been when he chose the janitorial role. Life gives you the days of hopelessness which causes the fear of being useless, but it also puts some good ones and judges your attitude towards them. The book with each of its stories teaches us to identify those good days of our lives and turn the bad days into the good ones. The writer's belief in "good things happen when the time comes" and its applicability in his story will make you believe in it. The importance of family, friends, wife, children, and motivation is perfectly conveyed in the story.

Dreadful childhood and miserable schooling guided the writer almost half of his life. His memories of his parents fight after being drunk, his brother going to jail, his father's rusty car, his brother's ragged school bag given to him and his life dragging on limited paychecks refreshes his days of hardship. Bad days often lead to horrible decisions. Now cigarettes and obesity were directing his life. During his suffering, a piece of news came to him and he struggled to find it good or bad. It was the time when he decided to not live the life his parents lived, to give his children and wife everything they deserved and to never let them see the youth he survived. Success doesn't go with comfort. His 5 years of hard work and a consistent determination made him the man everyone wishes to be and gave him a story worth sharing.

This 93 pages narrative giving some major life lessons is exceptionally well structured. It has 10 chapters. Each chapter is about the important parts of his success and the role the other people played in it. It is a non-fiction work. The writer shared some of his secret and dark memories and informs us that the reason why he wrote the book is to allow his heart the feeling of lightness.

I liked how with every story the writer told us the moral it gives. His passion for never giving up is laudable. I liked how politely he confronted his parents and how his forgiving quality made him a better man. The significance of friendship is shown. It has no defects.

The language is easy to read. I didn't find any errors in it. There is no usage of profanity, and it is equally suitable for anyone to read. I think that the readers who need some motivation to achieve their goals should flip through the pages of this book. It is a very nice story of inspiration. The readers who enjoy books for fun can also find it intriguing.

I rate this wonderful book 4 out of 4 stars based on the fact that it has fulfilled its purpose of entertaining me. It is a masterpiece and the story in it is worth the stars.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:

Faithmwangi
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 66
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Post by Faithmwangi »

"Success doesn't go with comfort" This is what I have taken with me from this review. This read is without a doubt inspirational. It is bound to encourage many and teach them not to despair. Thanks.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn

Julius_
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Gaza
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

I've also read this book. I liked the Noah effect. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very inspiring and handy read. I consider reading and reviewing this book too :) Thank you for a great review!

Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Faithmwangi wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 01:13
"Success doesn't go with comfort" This is what I have taken with me from this review. This read is without a doubt inspirational. It is bound to encourage many and teach them not to despair. Thanks.
Exactly! Thanks for the comment.
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:

Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Julius_ wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 01:14
I've also read this book. I liked the Noah effect. Thanks for the review.
Yes, it was unique and special. Thanks for stopping by!

Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Ellylion wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 05:38
Sounds like a very inspiring and handy read. I consider reading and reviewing this book too :) Thank you for a great review!
It is a true story of inspiration. Thanks for stopping by!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”