Review by espo -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
djr6090
Favorite Book: The North Wind Descends (The Lord Hani Mysteries Book 4)
Currently Reading: There's a Hole in My Bucket
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: The Odessa Legacy by Dr. Richard Bend

Re: Review by espo -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by djr6090 »

The legal and financial information was one of the things that made this book relatable for me. I just finished his Debt Cleanse book, which answers the question, "Where does he go from here?" His first book was inspiring, his second one - sad. Thanks for the review.
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

Wyland wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 06:43 I like the main lessons as you have described them presented in a book with pictures. I would especially be interested in how he overcame a debt of $ 26m. Thanks for the informative review.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my review :techie-studyingbrown:
Ekta Swarnkar wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 11:54 I'm currently reading this one and honestly I had selected this book out of curiosity. Thanks for the in-depth review, now I know that it was a good selection.
That is great! I hope you will enjoy this book as much as I did, and thanks for stopping by.
djr6090 wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 09:09 The legal and financial information was one of the things that made this book relatable for me. I just finished his Debt Cleanse book, which answers the question, "Where does he go from here?" His first book was inspiring, his second one - sad. Thanks for the review.
I'm sad to hear that. It seems like his second book went far more into depth into financial/legal details, from what I read. Thanks for stopping by!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

That's a splendid review you wrote there. Newberry is a great storyteller who has lived an extraordinary life. May he continue to help many overcome their burn zones.
AvidBibliophile
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I like the author's description, as we've all likely experienced periods of hardship that have taken tremendous effort to overcome. Burn zones always offer a chance at rebirth and renewal, and your lovely review of this title in particular offers plenty of inspiring motivation!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I really want to read this book, it sounds to be very inspiring and helpful in many aspects. Thank you very much for this insightful review!
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

I have also read this book and it was nothing short of great. The author's ability to stand after being pinned down by tough situations in his life is inspiring.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Maria Esposito
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones

Post by Maria Esposito »

Miriam Molina wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 15:36 That's a splendid review you wrote there. Newberry is a great storyteller who has lived an extraordinary life. May he continue to help many overcome their burn zones.
Thank you so much for your kind and supportive comment!
AvidBibliophile wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 17:27 I like the author's description, as we've all likely experienced periods of hardship that have taken tremendous effort to overcome. Burn zones always offer a chance at rebirth and renewal, and your lovely review of this title in particular offers plenty of inspiring motivation!
I completely agree with you that hardships can be taken as a chance to grow and develop! This is definitely reflected in this book. Thank you for your lovely comment :D
Ellylion wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 05:47 I really want to read this book, it sounds to be very inspiring and helpful in many aspects. Thank you very much for this insightful review!
I am sure you will enjoy it! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Faithmwangi wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 14:56 I have also read this book and it was nothing short of great. The author's ability to stand after being pinned down by tough situations in his life is inspiring.
It really is. Thanks for taking the time to read my review and leave a comment.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I see that this book is having a great success among OBC reviewers. Your remark about the presence of the author's photos is interesting.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

This one is currently in my to review list. Nice and thorough review. I will read it by myself and see. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Maria Esposito

Post by Maria Esposito »

NetMassimo wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 07:32 I see that this book is having a great success among OBC reviewers. Your remark about the presence of the author's photos is interesting.
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my review.
Sushan wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 13:00 This one is currently in my to review list. Nice and thorough review. I will read it by myself and see. Thank you 👍👍
I hope you will enjoy this book as much as I did. Thanks for commenting!

AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 😊
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

I've read the book and liked it as well. It's nice to read it from your perspective. Great review!
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG
Maria Esposito

Post by Maria Esposito »

AvocaDebo621 wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 18:00 The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 😊
Exactly! That is also why I loved reading it. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and leaving a comment!
Charlyt wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 00:58 I've read the book and liked it as well. It's nice to read it from your perspective. Great review!
Thanks for appreciating my review!

Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for your beautifully written review on this inspirational book that tell us how the author endured hardship and reached success with hard-work.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

I like that the book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”