Review by Sam Ibeh -- It's Hard to Be a Vampire

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review by Sam Ibeh -- It's Hard to Be a Vampire

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "It's Hard to Be a Vampire" by Viktoria Faust.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As a teenager, I loved reading books and watching movies that have a good dose of horror. Hence, reading It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust was like enjoying a mouthful of my favorite burger.

It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust is a collection of nine short stories of different horrific events. Though most of the stories revolved around vampire activities, there were a few of them that merely told tales of abnormal happenings. In this book, you’ll read stories with a touch of humor like a girl that couldn’t be a vampire because she was fat. You will also read the story of a girl that didn’t have blood in her body. Get ready to be awed, terrified, humored, and petrified by the tales that Viktoria Faust put together in this book.

As earlier stated, I love horrific stories. I love the way they portray the struggle to overcome the evil that try to overwhelm or destroy the subject of the story. Tales of horror make the hairs at the back of head stand up from start to finish. To my utter satisfaction, many of the elements that make a good horror story were given full play in It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust. The elements of fear, suspense, struggle for survival, horrific deaths, abnormal occurrences, and all their likes, were used by the author to expertly tell the tales in this book. She was also able to weave fiction and reality together. Though I knew the stories never happened, they felt so real that I always imagined what I would do if I found myself in any of the scenarios that played out. I must say that this was a highly professional work of an imaginative writer.

Like all great horror books, the cover design was a catch. As a matter of fact, the cover told a huge tale of what to expect in the book. The cover of this book was professionally done to capture all the emotions the book had to offer. The vintage graphics of the lady with blood stained lips spoke volumes about the vampire activities that most of the stories portrayed. As for the font style, it was smoking hot to typify horror and fear. It is said that a book shouldn’t be judged by its cover. But the cover of this book says, “flip open my pages now and consume me as fast as you can.”

I enjoyed all the stories, but I enjoyed “Do Vampires Dream of Slaughtered Sheep” the most. That particular story was a repertoire of figurative expressions that didn’t only engage my mind, but took my heart with them. In this story, the author made paradoxical, ironical, and oxymoron expressions that blew my mind away. I was amazed at how she was able to weave them together, and yet she told a story that was worth reading. This was what I liked most about the book.

This book was written well and professionally edited. There were only a handful of errors I could find. However, they didn’t affect my reading flow and were not enough for me to take away any point. So, I rate this book 4 out 4 stars. I recommend this book to everyone like me who enjoys reading tales of horror.

It's Hard to Be a Vampire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Post by That Reviewer »

I actually do like the cover is the book. As you mentioned, it told an emotional story of what the book was about.
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Post by Bles »

Great review.
Books are beautiful.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

Your love for horror is evident. I have always been able to watch and read vampire stories but not horror in general. I also agree that the cover is basically begging you to just go ahead and start reading. Thanks for the review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

I am not at home with horrific stories; I doubt I will be interested in reading this book. I appreciate your review and the enthusiastic potential it bears.
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

A girl that couldn't be a vampire because she was fat? That's quite hilarious! Well, I think only the humorous parts of this book will catch my interest. Horror books are too scary for me.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

Wow, this book sounds funny and very interesting. Thank you for a great review. I defiantly need to read this.
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

I love horror and would find the book interesting. Thanks for this passionate review
praise+anyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-anyi.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by praise+anyi »

In my early years, I had so much interest in horror books & movies. But I lost interest when I watched a very bad one. Kudos to you because it's like you've rekindled that fire once more.
Captain 365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Captain 365 »

I doubt if I can stand the time of horror books and movies. Hover with this description, maybe I should give a try.
Aleen700
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aleen700 »

I have seen the cover of that book by Viktoria Faust and it sure got me ready to read the book! I love vampire stories some think vampires are not real but I know their out there and I have movies I watched every night almost about Vampires! rather they are real or not, the stories are great to read!!!
Theexceptional
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theexceptional.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Theexceptional »

Vampire novels are quite rare to come by. I would love to check this out.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I exceptionally love reading your reviews because I think that it brings color to a blank sheet of paper! I believe this book is pretty dynamic when it comes to its stories because some are funny and some are horrific, and I think I would love to read this one. Thanks for the lovely review!
The fabulous
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-fabulous.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by The fabulous »

Vampires novels are always epic and interesting to read.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

The title of the book is catchy. I liked your review very much. I like horror stories although I don't usually get really terrified. Real life has more horrors than those found in fiction.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”