Review by jadedbrooch -- Hallowed Ground by Cindy Ziperman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jadedbrooch
Favorite Book: The Hand Bringer
Currently Reading: Do No Harm
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadedbrooch.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Review by jadedbrooch -- Hallowed Ground by Cindy Ziperman

Post by jadedbrooch »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Hallowed Ground" by Cindy Ziperman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hallowed Ground by Cindy Ziperman is a gripping action – romance novel that introduces us to Samantha Paige, a valuable, efficient and steadfast Critical Care Coordinator of the Metropolitan General Hospital, being fired from her job because of punching an egocentric, “well-respected” surgeon in the face due to his arrogance and negligence that had cost a patient’s life.

After that unfortunate event, Samantha decides she has had it with her career and brings a sudden decision to find her peace in the safe haven that is her uncle Rufus’s farm in Tennessee, where she had spent the most blissful and happiest days of her childhood. Immediately upon her arrival on the farm, she learns that her uncle’s land is crucial in the plans of a business developer along with the remains of the Franklin Battlefield. Thus she finds out that there is a dashing Civil War historian by the name of TJ Carter, who is battling to protect the remains of the battlefield.

The meeting of Samantha and TJ Carter is full of sparks and fireworks. Their attraction is so powerful, it is almost palpable. Deciding to join forces against the developer, they get romantically involved, although at first Samantha struggles to resist his courting. Soon, captured and entangled in the very core of the turmoil of events, she learns that they have to fight not only for their land, but for their own lives as well.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book because it is amazingly well written, employing an engaging, captivating and picturesque narrative that has the quality of a cinematographic experience. It contains minor borderline profanities, descriptions of physical abuse and several instances depicting sexual scenes. Hence, I recommend this book to mature audiences drawn to action – packed stories with a touch of romance.

The novel touches the fragile subject of small town properties of ordinary people threatened to be consumed and annihilated by the greed of powerful business titans and the shadowy work of profiteers, but also encourages that a small group of people can hinder and stop the growing and devouring appetite of large businesses.

I am sad to give this book a 3 out of 4 stars because of small punctuation typos, a missing preposition in one place and a strange sentence construction in another, but in my honest opinion they do not disrupt the flow of narration and impact the attention of the readers, nor diminish the overall enjoyment of the reading experience. I am completely enthralled with Ms. Ziperman's style of writing and would love to read more of her books.

Hallowed Ground
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”