Review by Sibo Makuza -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sibo Makuza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sibo-makuza.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Sibo Makuza -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Sibo Makuza »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What I loved most about this book was how inspirational and enlightening it was. What happened to Jorge Newbery in this book can happen to anyone. With the right mindset and work ethics, you can get a job at the age of 7, and become rich at 30. Similarly, you can be broke with tons of debts, and go from hero to loser faster than the way you rose. I connected with this book a lot, not because I have tons of debts, but because as a human being I have burn zones of my own (difficult moments). Also, I absolutely loved the title and its meaning. This book was exceptional and I didn’t have any dislikes.

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is a non-fiction novel featuring Jorge’s life. In general, burn zones are difficult situations. They require an enormous amount of effort, and separate the winners from the losers. The book starts with Jorge getting his first job at 7-years-old; he delivered newspapers. Even as a young boy, he saved most of his money, and at 11, he already had his own business. At 16, he dropped out of high school, and by 17, he owned his own record company. Jorge’s life continued to flourish and he even became a multi-millionaire. But one natural disaster changed everything. Jorge put too much faith in one project, and instead of accepting that it had to end, he tried to bring it back to life. This made things worse. In no time, the millionaire was broke and full of debts. His life seemed to come to an end but he was quick to realize that it was just another burn zone…

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. This book was phenomenally edited, inspirational, super motivational, and deserved no less of a rating.

This book would appeal to everyone. Doesn’t matter whether you’re a teenager or an adult, Burn Zones featured all stages of Jorge Newbery’s life. His story can motivate anyone since we all have burn zones. Additionally, the book started from 1973, so racism was dealt with a lot in this book, and some African-Americans can relate or feel a swell of joy towards the end.

In conclusion, Burn Zones is an amazingly motivational book that can inspire or motivate many people. I highly recommend you read it, it might even make you turn your life around.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂
Sibo Makuza
Currently Reading:

Post by Sibo Makuza »

Thank you, glad u enjoyed it 😊
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

I have been debating on reading this book ever since it popped up as a book to review. However, I am not normally a non-fiction fan when reading for pleasure. It sounds like there are elements that are more story-driven, however, so maybe I'll give it a shot.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Sibo Makuza
Currently Reading:

Post by Sibo Makuza »

I totally understand.
I don't normally read non-fiction either, but this book is an account of the author's life, and I actually enjoyed it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”