Review by DragonLight877 -- A Thousand Seeds of Joy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DragonLight877
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound by Richard L Haight
fav_author_id: 3201

Review by DragonLight877 -- A Thousand Seeds of Joy

Post by DragonLight877 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Thousand Seeds of Joy" by Ananda Karunesh.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It was interesting for me to read A Thousand Seeds of Joy by Ananda Karunesh, mostly because I don't really have a strong religious background, being raised a little bit in both catholic, and Hindu-like practices. I found this book really enlightening on some of the Hindu practices I never knew, like some of the mantras, or the incarnations of certain gods. I certainly wanted to know more about the incarnations and teachings of all these different Gods and Goddesses.

This book is the writers documentation of the conversations he had with the Hindu ascended Goddess Lakshmi, along with other conversations had with the ascended Goddess Saraswati. Karunesh has written the book in the form of questions and answers. The book goes into the incarnations of Lakshmi and Saraswati, along with holy figures of other religions, like Buddhism and Christianity. The book also talks about the concept of primordial joy, and other "Soul Feelings", along with the concept of divine emptiness, which is enlightenment. There are other conversations about the chakras, the laws of attraction, and karma as well.

What I liked about this book was the knowledge I could learn about Hinduism and Buddhism. I really enjoyed the teachings they had to share. While I didn't agree with everything he said, a lot of the things he was saying could definitely be used in your daily life to help yourself feel calm and at ease. I found a lot of good teachings in this book about how to accept your life for what it is, and how to understand the reasons behind what may be happening in your life.

Now for what I didn't like, I did not like how the book was structured. I found myself getting bored with the constant question, answer, question, answer structure. I see why he did it that way, but this book almost made me feel like I was sitting in class again, which some people may not mind, but I did not prefer it. I also had an issue with a core belief in this book. With-out going to deep, the writer believes that femininity is much more divine than masculinity, and he reiterates that many times. This may be a personal belief, more than a flaw in the book, but I just don't think that is a healthy, or fair, way to speak of the differences between the two. I believe the two should be seen as equal, but again, that is more like a personal belief than a flaw.

With all that in mind, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This was a great read, I found it very insightful. It has a lot of good points, and I enjoyed learning more about Hinduism and Buddhism. While some of the opinions I didn't quite agree with, over-all I thought it was interesting.

A Thousand Seeds of Joy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”