Review by f_starkperalta -- Creating Literary Stories: A...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
f_starkperalta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-f-starkperalta.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Review by f_starkperalta -- Creating Literary Stories: A...

Post by f_starkperalta »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Creating Literary Stories: a Fiction Writer's Guide is a non-fiction book written by award-winning author William H Coles. The book is divided into two sections,  Book One - The Literary story in Fiction and Book Two - Creating a Literary Fictional Story. As it's pretty obvious due to the significant titles of both parts, the book is a guide for beginner writers who would like to improve their writing skills or passionate readers who would like to analyze stories in a deeper context. 

The book is very well written, and the language is pretty clear for readers of all age. The way the author explains every single detail that makes a book a great book is very fascinating for me. Personally, I found it so helpful reading this book as I love writing fictional stories as well and this guide is the perfect thing to read if you want to understand the art of literature better. 

Coles manages to touch every single little detail that makes a fictional story good, dividing the two sections of the book in chapters. The first section has titles referring to the more technical parts of writing a novel, such as Dialogue or Writing in Scene. However the second section of the book is slightly different than the first, as it concentrates more on how the author can develop the things presented in the first part of the book with their own creativity. In my opinion a good book is certainly made up of good writing techniques and our personal spark, the creativity we each have. Titles such as How a Literary Story Comes to Life and Essentials of Literary Story Writing are some of the important concepts the author highlights in the second part of the book. 

Each chapter has examples for what the author explains, from great books and authors such as Jane Austen and Mark Twain, as well as the author's own creations. They each end with a conclusion for the chapter, and at the end of the book there's a chapter called Revision,  where the author describes everything for one last time. 

I rate this book 4/4 for sure and I highly recommend it for enthusiast young authors and readers, and for people who would like to develop their writing skills. 

Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

This book will be so helpful if someone is a new writer. I rated it 4/4 too because I like the author's writing style. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”