Review by DorcasToo -- East Wind, 2nd edition

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DorcasToo
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 48
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 43
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

Review by DorcasToo -- East Wind, 2nd edition

Post by DorcasToo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "East Wind, 2nd edition" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

East Wind, 2nd Edition authored by Jack Winnick is an elegant masterpiece. A well-written work of fiction about terrorism affecting the USA.

Lara is an FBI agent and this is a dream come true as she has always wanted to be in the armed forces. She's proved to be good in technology and can easily trace anything on the internet, regardless of how hidden it is. So when the Hezbollah (a terrorist group in Israel) strike they have to do whatever it takes to prevent the next attack. Lara isn't a field agent but her Arabic knowledge is an added advantage to this particular operation. The Hezbollah has issued an ultimatum and the FBI has to curb the danger before it becomes a massacre.

Uri is an Israeli born and bred citizen. He's a field agent and a good one at that. This is what makes him to be sent to the USA to help curb a terrorist threat. He's supposed to work with Lara who's not just a great agent; but also a very beautiful woman, during his stay in the country. He's still battling separation and the pending divorce from his wife who feels he's putting his life in danger because of his work. The duo now has the tough job of unravelling the mystery bombers, and be able to do it before it's too late.

First, let me applaud the author on the immense research that has gone into this book, this is clear in the depth of the book. The knowledge he portrays on the Middle East and all the terrorist groups like the Hezbollah is so detailed. He goes a step further to detail the background of the characters from their careers, social life and family. It's this way that he is able to build their morality and life purposes.

The book is fast-paced and has some action going on. I love how the author balances espionage, the thrill of the crimes and the subtle conversations. Though the scenes from Lebanon are quite gory, most readers can stomach it. The book is definitely exceptionally edited as I didn't find any errors. I must admit I really enjoyed reading the book, and I have nothing negative to say about it. I must say I liked how the author keeps the reader on edge as he spins some unexpected twists to the story. This made the book even more interesting.

I rate the book a 4 out of 4 stars. I have no reason to go lower as I kept turning the pages eager for what awaited me. I recommend the book to all readers who love thrillers based on terrorism and anti-terrorism government agencies. There is only one sex scene, so I wouldn't recommend it for young readers.

East Wind, 2nd edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
He lays me besides still waters. He prepares a banquet before my enemies.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall not fear.
For the Lord is my Shepherd
:techie-reference:

Twylla
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Praying for a Miracle When it's Hopeless
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twylla.html
Latest Review: The Adults in the Room Deep State (Audio Book) by Jeffrey Mechling

Post by Twylla »

Excellent review! It was interesting to see how the leaders of Hezbollah recruited and indoctrinated young men to their cause. The Jihadists inspired a strong sense of purpose in the boys. Interesting study in psychology!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”