Review by Miller56 -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miller56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miller56.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by Miller56 -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Miller56 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kelly Turbulo gets left behind by her tour group while shopping in Honduras. As she is looking through shops, she happens upon a suspicious operation. She evades her would-be captors, calls her brother in the United States and the suspense begins. E-M-P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom by Dorothy May Mercer takes the reader on the quest of the honeymooners as they work undercover with some government operatives to save the United States from a deadly threat by a foreign adversary.

The author does a good job of researching her topic and provides a lot of information throughout the story. She also provides more in-depth information at the end of the book from her research. She covers topics in her books that are current.

There are many parts of the story that seem unrealistic. For example, Kelly wanders into the back of a store looking for a clerk. She even goes through doors that are clearly marked “Danger Keep Out, Employees Only”. I am not sure if you are in a foreign country that you would make this decision. Luckily, she gets away using some self-defense moves. Then she calls her senator brother who calls in the CIA.

My least favorite part of the book is the chapter with the interview of Dr. Peter Kinney. I am not sure how this pertains to the book, other than providing a description of solar flares and coronal mass ejection and the ability to disrupt or destroy the electric power grid. This was also where EMP was introduced so maybe the intent was to provide a chapter on background material.

My favorite part of the book, and of all the books I have read in this series, is the strength of the women. The women all are smart, athletic, capable women who can take care of themselves in most situations. Even the leader of the terrorist group from a country who has a male leader known as “Dear Leader” is a strong female. Although some of her mistakes may have been the downfall of the group.

Although this book is part of a series, it can easily be a stand alone novel. The book is fast paced and easy to read. I would recommend this book for teens and adults who like hints of romance. I would also recommend the book to those who enjoy light-hearted action stories. There is some sexual hints but nothing graphic. There are a few words that are inappropriate for most readers. The book appears to be professionally edited. I did not find spelling or grammatical errors. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because I felt like some of the character and plot development could have been improved.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

SomeoneInTheWorld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-someoneintheworld.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by SomeoneInTheWorld »

I read and reviewed this book recently too and I relate to most of the things you said about it, especially about the many parts of the story that seemed unrealistic. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”