Review by Kibetious -- The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 932
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by Kibetious -- The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer

Post by Kibetious »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer" by Julie Penshorn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Blue has been wandering alone for weeks after his family left him. He is now feeling very hungry, tired, and exhausted. He smells food and immediately heads towards the source of the delicious smell by crawling under the fence. Unbeknown to him, he has entered Jim’s farm, the home of the Barnyard Buddies. Portland, the pig, is the first animal to see this weakly dog. Portland is ready to help Blue and willingly gives him food. The other animals have mixed reactions towards the idea of hiding Blue until he is better. Some are willing to help while others are afraid of him. Why was Blue abandoned by his family? What will eventually happen to Blue? How will everyone’s decision be taken into consideration? Will Jim find Blue? What will he do?

The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer is a children’s book that was authored by Julie Penshorn. It was published by Growing Communities for Peace: Smart Tools for Life in 2019. The book is 34 pages long and thus can be read in a single sitting. The text is supported by very vibrant and delightful illustrations. Children will find them amusing, and so aid them to enjoy reading this book.

There are many things that I liked about the book. Blue had a wonderful past before a daunting problem occurred and he was abandoned. The story also teaches that not everyone is bad. Therefore, children and any other reader will be forced to reconsider the negative attitudes they may be having towards strangers and refugees. I also liked the lively activities and conversation starters in the last section of the book. Parents, educators, and children will undoubtedly enjoy discussing some questions drawn from the book. There is nothing I did not like about the book.

The book is extremely informative and educational. Readers will derive many incredible lessons from it. The language employed in the book is also straightforward, and thus it is easy to read and understand. Editing was professionally done since I did not discover any grammatical errors in the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to children, parents, and educators. It will also appeal to all ardent fans of children’s books. The author has undertaken an exceptional job to provide key life-skills for young children. All readers will be left with a great deal to think about.

The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

Sheila_Jay
2019 Reading Goal: 96
Currently Reading: Child of the Sun Complete Edition
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheila-jay_1438897.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Sheila_Jay »

An amazing book with valuable lessons not only for children but for adults too. The lessons are pertinent to some of the challenges that we face in the world today such as immigration. Great review!
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn

Julius_
Bookshelves Moderator
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

I've read this book and I agree with you that it is very informative and educational. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Sarah Tariq
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 60
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 96
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Sarah Tariq »

The book sounds great with a compelling storyline that a has an inbuilt lesson for children. Great review!
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very important book for young children :) Lovely illustrations are a big plus. Thank you for a great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”