Review by Momiji1987 -- The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Momiji1987
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 191
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 544
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momiji1987.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Therapy by Paul Cumbo
fav_author_id: 64963

Review by Momiji1987 -- The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book...

Post by Momiji1987 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge" by Rachel Thompson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge by Rachel Thompson is the ultimate guide for learning how to conduct online promotion. Rachel has decades of experience building her brand, and she’ll guide you step-by-step into everything you need to do to market your book. Whether it’s blogging, social media, finding beta-readers, or getting buzz long before your book is ready to read, this guide will teach you the fundamentals every author needs to be successful in today’s market.

I love reading and I also dabble in writing, so I decided to review this book to get an idea of what to expect whenever I finally get around to seriously working on my own book or blog one day. The content is impressive and does not disappoint.

I really liked the way Rachel eases her readers into each step. Marketing is challenging and overwhelming if you have no experience, and Rachel understands this. Rather than throw everything she knows at you at once, she breaks up each task into daily, bite-sized chunks. Each chapter discusses one topic (such as blogging), why it’s important that you do it to get exposure, and how it will help you to sell your books. She also shows you what kind of content gets engagement and gives you examples of how to create it yourself. She then gives you a short list of tasks to complete for that day and provides a plethora of websites to use via links, and helpful information that she herself utilizes.

Rachel also discusses the pros and cons of some online tools and gives many examples from her own blog that are very helpful to see illustrated. I loved that she included screenshots of the various sites and tools she discussed. The only thing I didn’t like about the screenshots was there was no interactivity. I couldn’t click on them and blow them up to read them easier like in other e-books I’ve read. The text was very small in some of the pictures as well, so even though she provided a screen cap and explained what it said, I wanted to actually read it myself from the book. If I could change one thing about the book, it would be making it possible to zoom in on the screen caps and look them over.

Overall, this is an excellent book that deserves to be rated 4 out of 4 stars. The editing was close to perfect with only a few scattered errors. Anyone looking for a comprehensive guide to online marketing and SEO (search engine optimization) will appreciate Rachel’s expertise and witty personality. She does occasionally throw out a mild word of profanity here and there, but nothing too terrible. Any aspiring author or blogger can benefit from Rachel’s knowledge of internet marketing. The book is well-organized and makes managing your brand more fun and interesting.

The BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”