Review by prowlingivy -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
prowlingivy
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prowlingivy.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Review by prowlingivy -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by prowlingivy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you had an opportunity to go anywhere where would it be? Better yet, who would you go with? I bet this is a question you have pondered on some time or the other. Man Mission is an action-packed novel full of world-class adventures. We journey alongside four friends to exotic yearly adventures across the world. From the New Zealand countryside in Man Mission I to the South African wild and a classic climax in frozen Iceland. In 15 years, these friends take us through their hair rising experiences throughout the globe, their marriages, diaper and career changes, divorces, both marital and emotional losses and in a way invite us to be human.

The dialogues in the novel are lively and engaging. The narration of the plot delivered from a first-person point of view adds a sense of human feeling to the book. Despite the humor, the author uses the novel to explain the emotional weight carried on the shoulders of men. This is without excluding the pressure on them by society to be model citizens, spouses, fathers, sons, friends, and even employees. This is often an assumed role put into play by the patriarchal society. The narrator being male delivers powerfully on this particular theme. He also serves as an example of a fallible man with weaknesses; one who is not afraid to grow through them and become better. A lot of moral questions arise during the novel that prompts one to take a moment and reflect.

The seamless blending of reality and humor was the aspect I enjoyed best about the novel. Another aspect was the assessment done after each man's mission. It’s humorous at best and pretty reflective. The author has also chosen to focus on some rather personal matters that most people prefer to keep silent about. He weaves his tale around family and friends, love and life and the last and not least, adventure and career.

I would recommend this book to an adult audience due to the use of some profane terms. It is also a great read for anyone who enjoys road trips and outdoorsy adventures. It is a well-researched book with distinct chapter breaks and an easy to follow the plot. It also has humane characters who will cause you to laugh and chuckle to yourself at their rather outrageous outbursts and tournaments. It is also a great read for family people and even the reflective readers like myself, it’s a great remedy for Monday blues I might as well add.

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel has earned itself a big mark in my heart and my mind. Therefore I am awarding it a 4 out 4 stars for delivering on its promise of adventure. It was also well edited. It kept me turning the pages and even at times laughing by myself in the course of my reading. I would love to congratulate the author on the epic work done in writing this novel.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I also found this book hilarious and excellently written, rating it 4 out of 4 stars! thanks for an insightful review!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
prowlingivy
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prowlingivy.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by prowlingivy »

espo wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 08:09 I also found this book hilarious and excellently written, rating it 4 out of 4 stars! thanks for an insightful review!
Thanks for the thumbs up.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”